cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I Caved In

spikes125
0 4 52

Well, I made it a whole day and a half, but just caved in to a craving.  I'm so disappointed in myself.  See, I want to be quit by my birthday which is the 25th.  I REALLY want this.  My hubby is still smoking, but says if i can make it a week, he'll stop too.  Tonight he said after this carton of smokes he has left are gone then he's buying no more.  Guess it will be a lot easier with us doing it together, but I NEED to do this for MYSELF.  I'm taking the wellbutrin and the gum and praying a lot, but it is harder than I thought it would be, but only at certain times, like in the am when I wake up, or at night with some wine.  I just need to get through those times.  I felt so  certain I could call it quits this last time { the 20th}.  Just in that one day I could smell better, taste better. My clothes didnt stink, and neither did I.  I liked that feeling, it was so refreshing!!!!  Well, I guess I'll shut up now, any and all comments are strongly encouraged.  I need all the help I can get.  Good Luck to everyone else embarking on this journey.  Hugs to all.  Spike

4 Comments
tomk654

Don't be so hard on yourself and DO NOT give qutting more respect than it deserves....If I can uit after 35 years ...so can you....here's what I did...72 HOURS  just make it 72 hours.....no drugs ... no patch...no nico gum .....SLEEEEEEEEEEEP.....lots of it....stay busy when you are awake...Quit... Tursday  night ....take Friday.....OFF...Sunday night thats your goal....just make it until Sunay night......72 hours you're physically free.....no longer an addict....do not worry about the rest of your life..72 hours you're free...............YOU CAN DO THIS

judy41

Tomk654 said it all great.  I don't think I can beat that.  however, to get to that 72 hours and afterwards, what is

working for me is one day at a time.  I have little signs in every room saying I will not smoke today.  Also, I

made a list of why I want to quit - have 1 on refrigerator and 1 in purse.  I'm on day 22 now, and that list is so

much more important than light thoughts I now have of a cigarette.

blc

I caved in the first time at 1.5 days as well. I am now on day 2.5 . Its not easy, but WE ALL CAN DO THIS

edith2

This is my fourth try at quitting, and I've made it over 5 years this time.  NEVER give up on quitting.  Just put more determination and enthusiasm in it this time!