cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I AM NOT MAKING IT HERE...

mustangsally3
0 15 17

I'm not Miss Popularity with my blogs and I can see that now.

So what can I do other than share love and support like I have been?

I have put my own personal vunerabilities on here, sometimes I feel like nothing I say or do matters not just in my personal life but on here as well.

I may just be over dramatic,and emotional minded.

I am saddened and feeling left behind to survive my battles solely on my own...

I guess I don't know what to do to make you smile and I am not a very positive member of this become an ex community.

So I am sorry I have disappointed all the have not written me and that what I have to say is not that important except to me I guess.

I will miss you all, I am going to try and go solo and see how I do, hopefully I will succeed...

I am taking time away to see if I should delete my account or not...before I walk away for good.

Carolyn/flutterbye

15 Comments
cookie804

Carolyn do not leave your family. I haven't been on for a couple of days as I was doing a lot of soul searching and thinking. Everyone here is so loving and empathetic and we are all fighting the demon together. Stick around and you will find out.

elvan

Carolyn,

I don't understand what you are talking about.  I think people have reached out to you. We all have things to do and can't be on here all the time but I don't think anyone has been judgmental.  I have not seen any evidence of that.  No one is trying to win a popularity contest here, that's not what this site is about.  It is about getting support from each other.

I hope you change your mind and don't try to go solo but if you do, it is certainly your decision.

Best, Ellen

SimplySheri

I'm not on here much, Carolyn, so maybe I missed something but I do enjoy  reading your  blogs!!  I don't always respond due to time crunches but it doesn't mean that I don't care.  So many here do care and do respond.

I hope your quit is going well.  I hope you feel supported.  But only you can decide what's best for you. Hugs, Sheri

swilson2

i would be more than happy too be your friend, sometimes i tend too wear my feelings on my selve but thats just me.I sure wish you the best no matter what road you choose too take, staying smoke free is the goal...............Sharon

JonesCarpeDiem

i don't know what you expect here. no one is snubbing you in any way.

we are here to quit smoking or help others quit.

no one can be here all the time every minute to respond to every blog

when someone needs help or encouragement we try to give it.

no one expects to be entertained.

relax with that and focus on your quit. try to relax with it and help it along.

read others posts and respond to them.

it all helps.

annb
Not sure what's up but just want to say I too enjoy your blogs so much! Please don't leave us! Yes we are all busy but everyone contributes when/how they can. And everyone MATTERS here!!! Like I've told you, you are such a talented writer/communicator!!! Believe in yourself Lady!!! Let yourself shine!!
JonesCarpeDiem

the people who tend to make the biggest splash here (or try to) are the ones who dissappear the quickest (as smokers).

you don't want to be them.

MarilynH

Hang in here, we all care and try to support each other. 

Marilyn

kshields59

You need to relax. Many times I have been where you are, but since I have been on this site, I realize those who are here care. Don't leave your family, Please, Please, do not leave this site. Have you thought of writing a journal on how you feel, and why?  I try to be on here as much as I can, I totally agree with Marilynhotgram. We care, and we need one another here, to remain smokefree, If you can't do it for yourself, do it for your kids, for I too am a parent, and my daughter means everything to me. She is why I quit smoking.

Kelly

Sootie

Carolyn----This blog surprised me. I've seen your writings and you seem to have gotten a lot of responses and support. Can you possibly be more specific on what you mean when you say you are not Miss Popularity? Here you have posted a blog and over 10 people have responded. On your others----at least 3 or 4 people have always responded.

Don't leave the site.........that is a sure way to start smoking again. think this through as you seem to have quite a few friends on here.

Stay Strong

GreenThumb3

Cheer up most everyone here cares and are supportive so many new people so many blogs and I'm now working long hours I don't get to respond to many like I use to stay strong 

newlife5

carolyn... sometimes i feel the same way... its this horrible addiction...when we began to smoke it dulled our emotions...the synapses in our brains were clogged up... and the nicotine was the drug that made it work... that is what an addiction is...once addicted we needed that nicotine in order to function properly....

what you are feelingis a depression caused by lack of the drug nicotine...i used to just start crying for no reason sometimes i fel tas though nobody cared anyway... i just wanted to stop feeling.....i even lost one of my quits when my husband died and i just didnt want to feel anymore....

stick with this quit and you will gain control with your feelings.. and it will feel good again but you have to ride it out.. it seems as though these depressions will never end ,,, but they do... and you will not be sorry...

yes carolyn we do care..and we are so very proud of you for making it this far... hang in there my friend

Legend

Oh my I just saw this. When I quit smoking my emotions were all over the place I felt sad, angry and I cried all the time. I was a very shy person at first when I got to this site and just watched for a long time but never said anything and then someone came to my page and talked to me and got me into the pledge room and the game room.  I even beat the shit out of my recliner chair at least 3 or more times just to get the anger out of me at that moment. I can laugh about it all now beating my poor chair to death. I wish people would play the games here in the game room but when we moved from our old site on Ning to here everyone stopped playing games and all of the posts in the game room somehow got screwed up so we have to start over from scratch on page one and that page is messed up some but if people would just start playing again it would get back to normal again. Playing games would pass the time and it was fun. I miss playing games in that group. I don’t get on every day I have health issues and I never know how my day is going to go. People here do care we just get caught up in our life.

If you ever want to play games here is the link to the game room. When you get to the group click over to the left side of page on group discussion and it will give you the list of games you can play. https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/games

Or if you can’t find the group discussion to click on here is the link of all the games.

http://community.becomeanex.org/pg/groups/forum/27226/

Newfound_Joy

I thought the same thing when I first joined.  I felt like I didn't fit in so I left and I smoked for 2 more years.  I was sicker and more miserable.

I came back with a new attitude............I wanted it BAD.  I wanted what all these successful quitters had and I was bound and determined to get it.

Your mind is playing tricks on you - I guarantee it.  It's just another reason to go out and smoke again.  Please stay with us.  Your comments are always appreciated!

liana5

Stay,close to this group so you don't loose your quit.