Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Human being

bobbie37
0 5 13

Greetings Support Network,

Thanks to the folks who led me to the place where we can collectively blog. Have not done any fo this before. My quit day is today. Jan 1, 2015. I've tried to prepare but have been advised to pick a date a little farther out-like mid month. Not sure about the when anymore.

I have smoked for approx 50 years....Wow. I calculated that I have spent around 50,000 for cigarettes. Wow. I also have to recognize that I have compromised my values all along the way; eg. contributing to carbon dioxide in the air, poluting the air my children breathed, supporting big ag and the chemicals they use. Not to mention the pollution of myown body.

I have been working on things that trigger me, coffee, going outside, after a meal, stress, basically, living triggers me...lol.

Any advice on how to proceed with my quit date plan? I have one cigarette left and don't want to buy another pack and I am freaking out... I get so agitated just thinking about it. What does one do with the anxiety? I'm afraid for my family who will be in the front row when I turn into a crazy woman....I can do this...Yes?

Thoughts welcome.Hopes for a healthy New Year for all.

Thanks.,

Bobbi

5 Comments