cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

How great it is .

Maki
7 10 164

I have 40 smoke free years behind me and 28 years as a smoker . Almost 13 of those years are consecutive day wons . Every day quit and every minute not smoking led me to over 4600 days of these days  I still can’t believe this quitter quit! Every day I won by having none . Every day many or all of you at Ex do too , and if it’s your first time visiting you will have too . . Whether we have started today , won a day , a week , a month , a year or years ,  they all count . 

One got me in trouble in the first place when I started smoking at 18 and one stole many many quits I gave away .  I stayed stuck on one quit after another for years . Why , because one was never enough , but I can tell you all now that quitting is worth it and I just can’t get enough of day won now .  I can’t , bring it on ! 

I write this journal entry today to remind myself how far I’ve come but I do hope it will be encouragement to others or a help in some way to others to see their quit for what it is now .

I write it to remind myself just what it took to get here to where I am today and that yes it was hard,  but it was so worth it .

I write it to remind myself what a foolish choice can cost and reminded I am in control of the outcome .  I’m reminded I’m not exempt from temptation a year into my quit or twenty or from a romantic flirt with a cigarette , and I am glad I am reminded that that is  stinkin thinkin and I pay with my life for my decision to smoke or not .  

I also write this to remind myself to be grateful for all the hard times I had that first year of my quit and to remind myself how great the second was as it got easier and easier and easier . Being quit is filled with emotion something only you can feel , I can’t express it the way you can , but I know for me I can’t share enough how great that feeling is .  

10 Comments
Thyme

Congrats dear Maki! Thank you for sharing your words of wisdom 😁🚭

Giulia

Encouragement indeed.  Great journal post, Maki.  Here's to many many more consecutive smokless days! 

Maki
ReallyReal

Always good to hear that as time goes on, stayingvquit gets easier--what a great offer of HOPE your post holds out to each of us.  Yes, it can at times be very difficult but it is so worth it.  I take this quit day by day but am filled with hope, joy and excitement that the choice to remain smoke free is all within my own power and I never have to be a smoker again.  How great it will be to be able to say in my second year that it has gotten so much easier as you mention.  It has already gotten easier at day 120.  Thanks for shining the bright light of hope on staying quit!!

Maki

I just want to add these few memes here rather than another journal entry . I think they pertain to quitting so well because altho our goals are the same the journey may be quite different for each of us . 

The struggle is real , but if you keep nurturing your quit that seed you planted will grow . 

2AEEE0F2-3638-46B5-94EC-38333C5D49AA.jpeg

23D28363-2AC4-4D19-8ECB-F76AAF765C6B.jpeg
Some will use an NRT , others not , some will require more positive affirmation from Ex , others will need more positives from family and others will need more positives from themselves as an example .  We are all different. The timing of your quit is perfect . 

F7506CDB-1595-4C2B-8A0C-4145853BC8F0.jpeg
Never compare because in time each quit produces a wonderful and beautiful unique flower  …… You . 

Maki

@ReallyReal @Thyme 
DF6C71BA-7BEE-4942-8462-8A0B69AEECE3.jpeg

You are doing great . 

biscuit9

Great post.  I have never understood the debate between using nrt or not. To me, it doesn't matter HOW you quit.  I never used an nrt, but it's a choice and I think as long as you quit, that is all that matters.

Maki

Not bringing it up as a debate topic for sure @biscuit9 , i just like that meme as it can be used so many ways to help our quits . Thank you for the nice comment re the post , I do hope it helps someone.

JonesCarpeDiem

ConGLADYOUlations

Maki

Thank you @JonesCarpeDiem .