cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

How do you celebrate the joy of freedom from nicotine?

gogoriviera2
1 9 6

Just thought I would throw this one out there see what comes back

9 Comments
fishrmann

Today I celebrated by running my first ever 5K Race!!!!! Something I would have never dreamed of doing just 8 weeks ago on my quit date. The freedom of healthy breathing is amazing, finding I LOVE getting up and OUT & exercising now - AND now 14lbs lighter than I was eight weeks ago too 🙂  Life as a non-smoker is something to celebrate each and every day....

maggie_8-1-2010

I celebrated my quit be going to the beach for a long weekend. It was a wonderful mini vacation. Now I am saving the dollars for my year celebration to do something really big.

JonesCarpeDiem

i feel that knowing you beat it is empowering in your thought life.

you've done something you never thought you could do.

it opens doors in your mind

doors that were not in a smoke ring

thoughts like if i can do this, what can't i tackle.

its an accomplishment you can fall back on when it feels life is beating on you

jojo29

Celabrating!! well, 3 wks i painted my kitchen with the money i saved, a month i went out to eat with my money haha and 3 months i went out to eat agian now i wont do much till my 6 months   which will be in may ,who knows but iam gona make it good, :)))  if its warm im thinkin coney island here we come, hang out on the beach alil and eat nathans hot dogs and fries :)))) and take my 15 yr ol d son for a ride on the roller coaster for the 1st time for him, LMAO now that sounds reli great, so yea thatll be my six month celabration :)))

Thomas3.20.2010

I Celebrate the hugs I have for my wife and Sons because I made this Decision! I Celebrate by being able to go to work every day and help folks who need my help! I Celebrate by coming here and sharing my challenges and TRIUMPHS! I Celebrate (in the Summer) by long walks in the Great Outdoors and by hours at the Gym! I Clebrate mostly by Counting My Blessings!!! Thank You Lord that You have given me one more Breath - one more moment of LIFE! My I live this one life ABUNDANTLY with Your help!!! 

onelasttime

Planning a trip to Disney with my Husband daughter and her family in September..first vacation we have had together....

gypsy6

Enjoying the pleasure of smelling wonderful, and not having to stop what I'm doing to feed the nicodemon. Being able to breathe is just pure bliss to me.  No more wheezing or coughing, I can sing a whole song with out passing out and gasping for air.  I can finally enjoy watching a whole movie without getting antsy.

Planning to take a vaction soon with the money I have saved since Oct.

bjmarks

By not having to "do that" anymore, anywhere, and at anytime!! Now that's freedom!!

EllenMT

I celebrate everyday that I don't cough or get out of breath and I don't worry about smoking, cause I don't do that anymore. So full of energy I have to get creative in how to burn it off in a constructive manner!