cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

How do I calm down feeling so energetic

BELLA86X04
0 6 110

Having problems since I quit smoking to stay calmer so energetic and hyper always doing something can’t slow down my mind thinking about getting half caffeinated coffee wake up at four am with so much energy a little on the manic side I do see a psych doc that increased my meds I have a follow up in two weeks I have so much energy I can walk 9 miles like yesterday with no problem it’s crazy loosing weight Bc my appetite has gone away which is a good thing would like to loose another 20lbs and then see how I feel but I feel like I’m jumping out of my skin they do have me on meds since I suffer from anxiety and bipolar met with my doc yesterday she said it’s adjusting from not smoking and my med wasn’t at the therapeutic level finishing up probation this Fri gotta call my probation officer to release me I mean I’m not having any urges little stress just so hyper and my waking up so early isn’t helping lots going on in my head does anyone know calming techniques I also see a therapist I guess why I smoked almost 18 years Bc of my illness not realizing it was only making it worse in two days Monday I will be moving down to the 2mg losengers every three hours for another two weeks and keep some as a backup since I live with a smoker which is a trigger for me and I could smell it on him and he ends up smoking in the car with me but at home he mostly smokes outside now I know how I was.. please if anyone knows calming techniques or been threw this before at two months of there quit plus please help im very hyper and it’s uncomfortable thanks happy Saturday everyone 

6 Comments