cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

How I started

Thunter123
6 5 295

I had my first dip when I was 12 then chewed on and off until I was 15. I even bragged to my friends that I couldn’t get addicted because at first they had to have it everyday and I could go a few days without it or weeks. At 15 I was addicted. I tried it because all my friends done it and I got curious. I liked the buzz it gave me, how it helped me escape. It was something for me to look forward to. No matter what was going on I could think ahead and tell myself that soon I’ll just take a chew. It didn’t take long to where the buzz went away and I was only making the withdrawal symptoms go away by taking a chew. I started partying and started smoking too (gotta have a cigarette when I drink). Tried quitting for the first time at 17 I believe it was and it felt like I lost my best friend. Realized dipping was more emotional than I thought it was. It felt like love because it helped me cope. I stayed quit for a short time then started back. Really didn’t make it long but I was weaker then. I done it for 5 more years and every now and again I would think back on how I tried to quit and couldn’t do it. It made me feel stuck. So I done it again then again then again and so on. A couple years later here I am. I don’t know if it’s pride, common sense or just a willingness to not give up but I’m determined to get this addiction behind me. I gotta figure out how to be free from nicotine. Almost everyone I know smokes, dips or vapes but I’ll be the one who stands out. Maybe even help people I know quit through what I learn. My roommate told me that by being around me it made him not want to chew as much. 

5 Comments