cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

How I did it and maybe an approach others may want to try.

quit4self
4 5 133

I had quit and relapsed several times and was back to smoking heavily.  The building I lived in had gone under new management  and became no smoking. I didn't want to have to go outside every time I wanted a cigarette.  I saw pictures of a smokers lungs and it wasn't pretty.  I knew I wanted to quit but I didn't think I could do it.  Then someone I knew quit and I thought if they could do it so could I.  I saw a commercial on TV for help quitting.  The 1800QUITNOW number.  So the time came.  I chose to receive a few phone counseling sessions along with the lozenges.  The patch never really helped so the lozenges was the approach I took.  I chose a quit date, November 7th then stopped completely.  At first the lozenges were too strong and were making me dizzy from the nicotine.  So I called and got a lower dosage lozenge and gave them a try and they worked.  I used to smoke first thing when I woke up to the last thing I did before bed.  After meals. With coffee. Too much.  If you are struggling with quitting I recommend calling the quit line and giving the lozenges a try.  I never liked gum so these were a perfect fit for me.  It's been 7 years without a cigarette and I believe I wouldn't be where I am today if I hadn't made this choice for myself and for my family.  I know it's hard but even if you try and fail at least you tried.  Make a quit date, get counseling, and use the lozenges.  You can be smoke free too.

5 Comments