cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Horrible

frankenshanny
0 9 30

Have had two absolutely horrible days. The urge to smoke was powerful on both days. All I would have had to do is walk up the hill to the grocery store and buy a pack. Oh the urge was there. But I talked with my husband and he talked me out of it. Instead of smoking he and I chatted for a while until the urge passed. So I, we did it. We got me past the urge and I am now 37 days smoke free. Thank God for my husband. He is so understanding.

9 Comments
cheyenne7

Great!!!  I am sooooo glad you didn't buy or smoke.  I've been in your shoes before, and had you smoked, you would have been sad and disappointed.....keep moving forward....your quit is strong, and thank goodness for awesome spouses!!!

MarilynH

Congratulations on 37 precious, stupendous, splendiferous, fantastic, fabulous, amazing, delightful, beautiful, marvelous, awesome and wonderful smoke free days and counting WTG, you are doing this one day at a time, one hour at a time, one minute at a time or if need be one second at a time. You are so much stronger than any craving, keep on stacking up your smoke free days. 

Marilyn 

jonilou

Your husband was the angel you needed in that particular moment. How wonderful that he was there to help you through that important moment. So glad you were able to make it through! Onward to FREEDOM!

JonesCarpeDiem

Congratulations! They all pass unless we talk ourselves into smoking.

Terri103

AWESOMENESS!!!  Now that is some great teamwork!!  You are doing great!!

YoungAtHeart

Remember you can always come here and blog HELP, or play a computer game, or go for a walk, or put your head in the freezer and take a deep breath, or do a few jumping jacks, or work on a crossword or jigsaw puzzle....all of these, of course, if hubby is not around.

This was important because you proved that just because you have a crave, it doesn't mean you have to smoke for it to go away.  It will fade on its own!

Hang in there!

Nancy

frankenshanny

Put my head in the freezer? I liked that one.

constanceclum

I am so glad I'm not the only one. Today was awful. Just as bad as week 1 and I am on day 40. I got through through distraction but it lasted most of the day. It's now evening and I am through it. So glad you made it through.

Connie

elvan

Glad you came through like a star, you can do this, remember that smoking will not change whatever it is that is bothering you.