cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Holycrap, Day 1

holycrap
0 12 30

Warning I am lightheaded right now so if I do not make sense you know why, lol.

Today is day 1, by now I would have been on cigarette # 3 or 4. I am feeling lightheaded and a little dizzy. Just had some juice and I am sucking on a lollipop. Hopefully in 20 min or so I will get my sugar back up again, I don't like this feeling. Hard to concentrate on work right now.

Walked the dog without a cigarette. Had coffee without a cigarette. Drove without a cigarette.

Today is the 1st day of many more good days to come.

I am motivated to make this work.

12 Comments
gypsy6

Good Morning!!! what a great way to start a day.  CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!!! YOU DESERVE IT!  Please stay close to the group, and blog often and read read read.  www.whyIquit.com.  Keep your hands and body in motion, drink lots of water.  Together we can do this.

Strudel

You are doing it!!! Congrats to you! Very good idea to keep that blood sugar up - I drank a lot of juice those first few days. You are doing fine. Stay close!

tammyd88

Hang in there you are on the right road with the right attitude stay positive.

shill57957

So happy for you!!!  You are gonna be so happy.  It will get better and better and you won't be able to stop smiling soon.  You just gotta stay postive and hang on.  I am going to put some info below.  Read, Read and Read it will really help you.  Knowledge is power.  Also it will help pass the time.  

There is an ebook located here:  Allen Carr this book will be a great asset to you, please read it.   http://joga.365.lt/Allen-Carr_Easy-Way-To-Stop-Smoking_Download-free-PDF-EBook

There is an online course here which will help you.    http://www.quitsmokingonline.com

And Watch the videos on this site: http://www.whyquit.com

Stay close to this site, you will get alot of support and guidance.  

My name is Sheri and I have been smoke free for 121 days.  Really glad you are here!!!

smp101

I'm amazed that you can blog on day one, I was just curled up in a ball or walking around in circles mumbling to my self. All you need to do is make it through today, in fact that is all you ever need to do. Do whatever you need to do but know that this will pass. I smoked for 40 years and the first two weeks were a nightmare but it does indeed get better. The minutes will add up to hours, the hours will add up to days and the days will add up to weeks. We unerstand and support you. Stay on here and let us know how you are doing.

SarahP

My first day was a Saturday and like SMP, I spent it curled in a ball rocking back and forth... Kudos to you for being at work (I assume?) and blogging! 

Every now and then stand up and do a deeeeeep stretch. Arch your back and reach for the sky. You'll get a little blood rush and endorphin rush that will instantly soothe and revive you. 

Ex_Nancy

Also do deep breaths every half hour or so...they help a LOT along with those deep stretches.....And for day 1,you did very well with your blog...not one mis-spelled word and grammatically correct....UR DOIN' GUD,lol....   Keep your sense of humor alive today too....try to write down the idiotic things your brain is telling you to do...:D

MarcieWhosoever

I didnt even know my car would run without a cigarette burning, it seemed just as impoprtant as gasoline! LOL Now I dont even think of smoking when i start my car. Its wonderful! But it took being stubborn and NOT smoking NO MATTER WHAT!!!! for it to get better and better. Now i have no regrets. I was one of those people that people would say could never quit. Now Im one of those people that  my friends say "If Marcie can quit, ANYONE can!!!" haha seriously. You got this!!! awesome job

holycrap, love the name 🙂

Marcie- not one hit since the day I quit 241 days into forever and happy as can be 🙂

Lonita

I like the name too. Reading your blog brought back memories that I can laugh about now. I was just like you couldn't concentrate on nothing and driving the first time was a nightmare! Just ask my son!! Your doing great and I really like your attitude. I used water, lolli pops, peppermint and reading. Anything to get your mind on something else. Your doing good.

janie21

Holycrap! You're doin some great advice from some wonderful people. Stay close to the site and Congrats on day one!!! Day 72 for me... I feel amazing and rarely think about smoking now... Just hang on tight you are in for the ride of your life... Just not one puff no matter what!!

janie21

*it.

karyn3
Conrads it keeps gettin better !