cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Hmm. I see the roller coaster effect now.

gnatilly05
0 7 10

Well, 2 days, 17 hours.  Hooray!   I finally got *some* sleep last night, but it was hard to get there.  At about 7 pm, I started to have extremely strong cravings.  It was odd.  I had such a good morning and afternoon, and then all of a sudden - BAM!  Wasn't expecting it.

I treated it like a giant hurricane or huge waves.  I hunkered down and felt them hit me.  I literally lay in bed last night squeezing my eyes tight against invisible waves.  The physical aspect of the cravings was strong.  My entire body was restless - writhing and uncomfortable.  "This will pass" was the mantra.  Eventually, I fell off to sleep.

Woke up this morning feeling much better.  I finally got some un-interrupted hours of sleep.  I used to be a very deep sleeper - hard to wake in the morning.  For the past 3 days, I have woken up when the furnace kicked on!  Crazy.  But at least I only woke up one time to it this time. 

I guess it was a bit of a reality check - the hard part isn't over.  The wavy part is starting now - the first two days were just pure hell, but now I get moments of clarity intermixed with moments of pure hell.  *sigh*  

Still feeling confident - I'm past 2.5 days.  They say all the nicotine is out after 72 hours.  Looking forward to that!

7 Comments