Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Hi

Eric_L.
0 13 160

Thanks for the encouragement everyone.

Only background anxiety the past few days.

nope!  I don't have to analyze anything.

I'm buying my pregnant wife a workshirt tonight as a bribe to get her to stop watching forensic files.  Solutions appear in the strangest places (that show is depressing but she's fixated on it right now).

13 Comments
scgquit

I am right there with her.  LOVE It!  My husband use to say, ' are you trying to get ideas?".  I just love the shows.  I watch ID Investigator tv mostly.  Homicide Hunter, Dateline on Id, Deadly Women.... just to name a few.  Lots of people like to go to bed and curl up with a good book, i curl up with my crime stories.... LOL... Good luck on your quit and getting her away from the crime stories... 

Puff-TM-Draggin

Good to here from you Eric.  Congrats on the smoke-free success and the pg wife.  Hope the workshirt works but I'm thinking you might have to up the ante a bit.  My mom was hooked on Forensic Files for a time there.  Must be a girl thing.  Go figure?  We always thought it was romance; really it's been murder all along.  Explains a lot in hind sight.  Ugh!

TerrieQuit

I traded the soaps for the crime drama's many years ago! I try to limit the time I spend watching them though, they do get to be a bit depressing! It's good to hear from you Eric! Stop by more often if you have time!   :=)

127 DOF

joedice711

will it say forensics on it ...good work

Jennifer-Quit

Congratulations on the new baby!   Very lucky baby to have a non-smoking Dad! 

MarilynH

Congratulations to you and your wife on your new bundle of joy coming into your lives very soon, congrats on your precious ongoing quit eric 

Marilyn 

Barbara145

Good hearing from you Eric.  Great news!  A baby is coming.  How cool is that.  You sound good.

JACKIE1-25-15

I LOVE Forsensic Files.  That is the show for those of us who like the who done its.  Congratulations on your forever quit and a baby coming.  Sounds like you are ready Daddy.  lol.

YoungAtHeart

Your wife has a mid-section the size of Cleveland ---- and pretty soon she will have ZERO time to watch anything because she will be too busy trying to catch a few minutes of sleep.  I say leave her ALONE!!

(jmho!)

Nancy

elvan

I have never seen or heard of Forensic Files but I am sure I watch stuff that is just as unappealing to my husband.  I did not know your wife was pregnant, congratulations, how wonderful to have a baby to look forward to!  I am so happy for both of you.

Terri103

Um? Eric!??  The Real Eric??  Don't you like to fixate on things sometimes????  Huh!!!  So let the precious, loving, bearing of your child watch all the murder and mayhem she wants!!!

constanceclum

Congratulations on becoming a father! Don't worry about forensic files. I was hooked for awhile but there are only so many of them and then it's all re-runs.

sparky26

If she's like me she will watch the reruns again and again, I also love that show and all the ones scgquit mentioned. LoL. 

I read Sybil when I was pregnant, my son is a little crazy , but I don't think it was because of the book .