cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Hi guys!

maryv
0 10 26

Been a while snce I have been on here.  I am at 68 days and counting.  I finished my last Chantix yesterday and of course in my mind I have been wanting to smoke now and then.  Its only a fleeting moment but of course I know its psychological and in my head!   I know the Chantix is still in my system but this addicted brain says otherwise so it was back to the ol coffee stirrers.  I am feeling so much better.  BUT I am eating more and I know I gained weight I dont want.  But it is still better than smoking and I have plenty of time to attend to a diet. I will not torture myself about it.  I am just so darn happy i have quit!

10 Comments
lois2

congrats on 68 days that is great, hang in there

YoungAtHeart

Congratulations on 68 days!   The only person who can talk you into smoking is YOU!  So,  don't have that conversation.  Weight is much less harmful than smoking, and when your quit is well in hand, you will feel ,more energy and will WANT to exercise.

Stay vigilant and committed as you are still traveling through No Man's Land.  You can still get ambushed by intense cravings all the way to 130 days quit.  Just don't be surprised, use the distraction tools you found helpful early in your quit, and you will be fine.

Stay the course.  It keeps getting better and better.

Nancy

edsel1964

It gets a little better every day!!!Congrats on 68 days!!!

JonesCarpeDiem

lock and LOL

cheyenne7

68 is big.....you should be very proud......you've got this!!!!!

promise_judy

Congrats on 68 days of FREEDOM! Keep adding those days.

XOXO

jewelie4

Congratulations Maryv! I quit on June 8th so you're a little bit ahead of me. It's so true that the cravings are psychological at this point but the longer you're off the cigs the shorter and less intense the cravings are.  You've passed the physical withdrawal so you can stay off those stinkin' cigarettes forever. Isn't it nice to leave the house without making sure you have your cigarettes?

Jennifer-Quit

Big congratulations on 68 days!  Stay strong!

DebiD

Congrats on 68! I also did Chantix....did the full 3 months....well actually the 3rd month instead of 2 pills a day I went down to 1 a day so it was more like 4 months. It does get easier, but thoughts of smoking probably will be there for a long time. Just take it nice and slow, one day at a time! No matter how many days have passed in your quit, never fool yourself by saying "I got this"...chances are you haven't. I'm 11 months into my quit, and I've never said that, and cringe when people tell me I do. Congrats again, and keep going!

joyeuxencore

Hang in there you are a success in progress! xo