cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Hey everybody!

mygirls-6-5-17
0 12 22

The last time that I wrote a blog, I wrote all about guilt and shame. I'm not going to write about that, because even though I may feel those things, I know that smoking isn't a moral failing on my part and something that I have to flog myself over. It's really pretty simple, I decided to pick up a cigarette when I was 15 years old and have been a slave to nictotine off and ever since.  I just have to see it clearly for what it is, an addiction that I have to cut ties with. I'm not going to look back and lament the fact that I quit for 307 days and then blew it. That is over and done with. 

Tomorrow is Valentines day and that is the last day I will smoke in honor of the love and adoration I have for my little girls. I have three daughters that look up to me and watch everything I do and I will be damned if I dissapoint them again with this and let them down. When they found out I was smoking again this time, they all cried, and broke my heart. I have to do this for my heart and theirs. I may not do a lot else right in my life right now, but this is the one thing that I am going to get right.

I just want to thank you all, so so so much for not giving up on me and for posting on my message board and sending me private messages even when I didn't respond. This community kicks ass and it's what kept me smoke-free last time. xxxooo

12 Comments
Sootie

I am so glad you are back----I missed you.

What happened? As you well know, you should make sure you know what caused this last relapse so that you can be prepared to face that situation in the future.

That said....pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again. We are glad to welcome you back!

YoungAtHeart

I hope you will spend some time thinking about what caused you to lapse and make a plan to do something different this time.

You know how to do this ---- let's git'er DONE!

Nancy

JonesCarpeDiem

keep them away from your hands

keep them away from your face

keep them away from your mind

they don't belong anyplace

OldBones-Larry

Welcome back. Let's try this again, shall we? Holler if you need us.

Larry

needhelp01201

Do it for your self and your kids. I've had good runs and screwed it up but it dose no good to beat your self up over it for to long 5 mimutes is more than enuff time. One day at atime thats all it takes.We are here for you.PAPA Harvey:-)

Barbara145

I think you are too hard on yourself.  Your precious daughters are an indication that you do alot of things right.  You can do this you have proven that.

mygirls-6-5-17

Thanks everyone! Dale you are right, it is that simple! I know my trigger was that I let my life and the stress get to me and I forgot that I can cope without cigarettes and indeed I have done so for long stretches.  I having coping mechanisms in place, exercise, prayer, and lots and lots of baths!

On the upside I have recently lost 30 pounds so I have that motivation, that I don't want to gain it back by going back and forth with the quitting cycle;)

janetlynn

What did you do to lose the weight? Trying to lose some myself!

nanawendy

Teresa, Welcome Home!! We started on this journey together......I don't know why you made the decision to smoke, but girlfriend that is behind you. No looking back, don't stumble on what's behind you. This family will guide you and support you on your new journey. Stay close to us and let us help you.  Remember if cinderella had gone back after that shoe, she would never have become a princess, so move forward

Keep calm and carry on

Wendy

12/31/12

Strudel

You know we are here for you - welcome back! Stay close and you will be fine! 

Brenda_M

Miss and love you, dear friend!!! I still like the forloveandfamily handle best. 😃 I love your new avatar, though, so pretty!

mygirls-6-5-17

Thanks Brenda!!