Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Hey All ! I'm new here ..Just wanted to say hello

dmellobruce
0 10 35

Hello, 

My names Bruce . Hope every one is doing well with their quit.

I've smoked for around 8 years [7-8 a day] and decided to quit this April. While the quit was hard and took a lot of learning. I seemed to have overcome most of my trigers, however the one frequent event which keeps happening is I go out drinking, lose my inhibitions and have a cigarette or two.

The next day since I get depressed about the fact that I smoked, I pick up a pack and smoke many more [10-12]. I know its silly and self destructive behaviour but this has happened quite a few times these last months,

The pattern would go, 1 month or 2 without a smoke. Then suddenly I find myself having one too many beers, someone asks me if I feel like a smoke and I cave in.

It's funny other than those few slip moments, I'm fine without cigs and can through my days without them.

I so hope I can break this cycle, and I'm going to try and not drink for a couple of months.

What worries me is that in the future say 5-6 months down the line, I may once again have one too many beers and slip and this BUMS be out

Anyways,

Nice to get that off my chest

Bruce

10 Comments