cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Here we go again

spiritgirl
0 6 34

Well, I tried to quit smoking in 2012 2 times and failed miserably. Why? Looking back I had been going through Premature Ovarian Failure and Peri-Menopausal Rage. Lovely.. I didn't know ! I thought it was my family who were being unsupportive but it was me. 😞

Anyways, I went to my GYN and my hormones are finally under control. Thank God! 

I had started Chantix and today was my 4th day: two pills a day once in the morning and one at night time. I took my am pill after a small breakfast around 10am. By 1pm, I was feeling extremely sleepy and tired; I was making mistakes at work. So, I took an energy pill thinking it was my afternoon lazy mood lol but an hour later I just couldnt stop yawning! Well, at 330pm I took my lunch break and got up form my chair, proceeded to my car and realized that I felt as if I was "floating". Not good. I drove to BK for lunch and while at a red light I saw my speedometer go up and down! Impossible! I'm at a red light! What the hell is happening to me! Then I realized- hallucinations- Chantix. Oh no. Needless to say I took another energy pill to see if I can wake my brain up and left work 2 hours early. Drove slowly to my home and now I am upset. 

I threw out the damn Chantix away and I really wanted to keep my "quit date" which was supposed to Tuesday- (chantix allows you to smoke for the first 7 days) and I figured, "Why not Monday as my quit date?" 

And so it is. Monday is my quit date. I am so done with Chantix and feeling tired right now. I just want to feel normal again. Hopefully when I wake up tomorrow the Chantix is out of my system. I do feel that my downfall back in 2012 was my hormonal imbalance. god it was terrible. 2 years of making my family miserable.. So, this time around I don't see why I can't succeed. 

Peace,

cris

6 Comments
YoungAtHeart

Oh, yes, you can be successful and we can help.  Follow the advice given you by the wise ones here, do the prep work, commit to never putting another cigarette in your mouth NO MATTER WHAT and you can join the successful ones here on the site.

The most important thing you can do to start is to educate yourself on what nicotine does to your mind and body. To that end, I highly recommend Allen Carr's “The Easy Way to Stop Smoking.” This is an easy and entertaining read. Here is a link to a free PDF version of it:

http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf

As well, read the sections on this site, do the tracking and separation exercises, and read the blogs, responses and pages of folks you think might be helpful. You might also want to visit quitsmokingonline.com, and whyquit.com.

After you have completed the readings, it will be time to make your quit plan, including what quit aid , if any, you will use, and the crave busters you think will work for you. Then you can approach your quit day with a plan in place.  

Stay close to us here and ask questions as you have them and for support when you need it. We will be with you every step of the way!

Nancy

cheyenne7

You CAN succeed...Welcome!

JonesCarpeDiem

so smoking helped with the hormone problems did it?

Reminds me of an old joke.  "How do you make a hormone?"

moody_9-18-13

Ah, the change....

Women fear it, but men fear it more! 🙂

joyeuxencore

Hey there! What is the 'energy pill' you took 2 of? Quitting with no aid is not as difficult as the NRT companies would like you to think! With education and willingness it is very doable! xo

Understanding  nicotine addiction:

http://whyquit.com/whyquit/LinksAAddiction.html  

Helpful in the first days:

http://whyquit.com/joel/Joel_03_21_blood_sugar.html

http://ffn.yuku.com/topic/22890/Possible-Change-in-Caffeine-Tolerances-After-Cessation

By the way don't take ALL the blame...Discord in family is usually a 'team effort'...xo

spiritgirl

Thanks for the warm welcome! Today, I will be buying myself some Nicotine Patches and cleaning out my car and throwing out my cigg supplies! So excited yet nervous! 

Energy pill I take is Adalean. Always works but didnt this time during Chantix.