cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Here is something I have found by searching the web

jim_taddeo
10 35 1,412

The Self-Empowerment Pledge is a powerful tool for transforming your attitudes and behaviors. Simply repeat each daily promise to yourself at least four times a day: morning, afternoon, evening, and right before bed. Post a copy on the bathroom mirror, in your daily planner, and wherever else you will see it often. You will be astonished at the changes you see in your thinking, in your attitudes, and in your behaviors after the first few months.

Commit yourself to one minute per day repeating to yourself that day's promise from The Self-Empowerment Pledge. Devoting yourself to a mere fifteen seconds every morning, noon, afternoon, and evening to repeat that day's promise can be profoundly life-changing. That's only 365 minutes a year (the amount of time the average person spends watching television every two or three days). The return on your investment will be enormous!

Think of a rocket ship that's been launched toward the moon. If you alter its course by just one tiny degree as it is coming off the launch pad, it will miss the moon altogether and end up in the stars. In the same way, small changes made as a result of taking the seven simple promises of The Self-Empowerment Pledge, if they are sustained over time, can have a huge impact upon your future success and happiness.

Five or ten years from now, you will be in a much different place – professionally, personally, financially, and in many other ways – than you would have been otherwise. And that's my guarantee, backed up by shared experiences with thousands of people who have changed their lives by taking The Pledge.

Joe Tye, America's Values Coach

Take a look at this fantastic system captured by this Gentleman! Mr. Joe Tye! Amazing stuff that if you follow the simple course he is outlining here will DEFINITELY change your life. Now I have sent Joe an e-mail asking permission to use this stuff over in the daily pledge group but all of this work is copyrighted by him and GREAT CREDIT IS DUE to him. The only thing I would add to this is a DAILY AFFIRMATION right along with these other pledges NOT TO SMOKE. So take Monday for example,

"I will take complete responsibility for my health, my happiness, my success, and my life, and will not blame others for my problems or predicaments. I will remain smoke free until my next pledge."

IMAGINE WHAT ELSE COULD BE ADDED IN HERE! IF YOU DO THIS AND DON'T BREAK YOUR PROMISES TO YOURSELF....................................JUST IMAGINE WHAT YOU CAN DO!
The links below will take you to Joe's site where you can read the stories and listen to the audio tracks PLUS also have a look at the rest of his offerings. I have read his stories and even though I am not of the same religious beliefs I see GREAT POWER in these techniques. Please take a look and consider making daily pledges to yourself and for yourself! IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE IF YOU LET IT AND WE COULD VERY WELL CHANGE THE WORLD!

Papa Jimmy

THE SELF-EMPOWERMENT PLEDGE

Seven Simple Promises That Will Change Your Life

Monday's Promise: Responsibility
I will take complete responsibility for my health, my happiness, my success, and my life, and will not blame others for my problems or predicaments.

Tuesday's Promise: Accountability

I will not allow low self-esteem, self-limiting beliefs, or the negativity of others to prevent me from achieving my authentic goals and from becoming the person I am meant to be.

Wednesday's Promise: Determination

I will do the things I'm afraid to do, but which I know should be done. Sometimes this will mean asking for help to do that which I cannot do by myself.

Thursday's Promise: Contribution

I will earn the help I need in advance by helping other people now, and repay the help I receive by serving others later.

Friday's Promise: Resilience

I will face rejection and failure with courage, awareness, and perseverance, making these experiences the platform for future acceptance and success.

Saturday's Promise: Perspective

Though I might not understand why adversity happens, by my conscious choice I will find strength, compassion, and grace through my trials.

Sunday's Promise: Faith

My faith and my gratitude for all that I have been blessed with will shine through in my attitudes and in my actions.

CONTACT Joe @ www.joetye.com

35 Comments
chrystal
That's great Jim...thank you for that! I will be printing this out and putting it on my fridge!!!
cindywilson
thank you, it is wonderful!!
tina19
WOW!!! I LOVE THIS!!!!
jim_taddeo
I encourage you all to follow the links to Joe's website and read the stories that accompany this set of pledges. Then look at this for his books SparkStore These are absolutely where my mind goes EVERY DAY. In my meditations, in my motivations and affirmations, I look at it as actually engineering my LIFE! Great stuff!
jim_taddeo
Damn I have to fix the links......PLEASE STAND BY.......... 🙂
maria18
An act of faith in oneself, then. Hmmm....sounds workable....
Sylvia_Deitz
Thanks, Jim! These are really great! The links for the audio tracks work. They download them to your hard drive, but I guess as you say, you have to fix the Story links. When you get them fixed I'll be saving them and I'll try to use them every day. You really found something worth sharing!
jim_taddeo
I just tested the stories and they should be working now. Someone please try them.
jim_taddeo
There appear to be stories for Monday through Thursday..............I would suppose he is in the process of writing the others but the stories ARE GREAT! This truly is GOOD STUFF!
jim_taddeo
All links appear to be working now. Please let me know if you find any problems. ENJOY!
jim_taddeo
I have received the GREEN LIGHT from Joe to use this program and I will be working on it's application as a great tool to help US in our willed changes as we RELEARN OUR LIVES WITHOUT CIGARETTES! Check back in here soon. This is GETTING SO GOOD!
FREEDOM ROCKS!
Papa
jim_taddeo
The DAILY PLEDGE RUNNING ON NITROMETHANE! I love it!
claudia2
Jim~~~~~What is there NOT to LOVE about you????? You are fantastic and I know these shall work. Thanks to a wonderful friend.
jada
Taking responsibility for our own lives, not placing blame and realizing that the strength is within us not outside of us, is the key to success in changing our lives. I do this every day, and I have faith in the strength inside myself and inside others! You’re awesome Papa Jim!
madlydancing

thanks for sharing. I’ve had a tough day. Only day 2. I’m looking for all the help I can get to get through “hell week” so I don’t pick up

Barbscloud

@madlydancing I'm glad you're taking the Daily Pledge.  It's a great way to start your day to be accountable to yourself.   At almost 5 years, I still take the pledge every morning.

Barb

Thanks this is an awesome pledge.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@madlydancing This is actually just a reference to the daily promises that are posted on the Daily Pledge. This isn't the actual Daily Pledge. You can find the current daily pledge by going to  Celebrations & Events - EX Community  or going to the Community Home Page and look for the Take the Daily Pledge widget. 

@20473138 Glad you like it. @jim_taddeo provided this back in 2009 when the community started the Daily Pledge. The tradition lives on years later as an important part of the quitting process/journey.

vjett1230

Self-empowerment can definintly help with the willpower. Thank you for helping on this journey. 

ckfranklins

@jim_taddeo I love this! Thank you

Jrad0930

It been ruff quitting sm nooking 

Jrad0930

I try eating candy and all

Jrad0930

Anyone else's nerves got worst and can't hardly eat

Jrad0930

Do you all get mad or upset easier it seems

biscuit9

@Jrad0930  Reaching out to you.  Yes, when I first quit I had very raw emotions, because I couldn't stuff a cig in my mouth, so I no longer had a filter.  Be careful with that.  I would encourage you to get in a good mental place.  Meditation or whatever it takes, but you don't want to walk around being an angry bear.  Hard candies are good, pick your flavors.  Some people blow on a straw or licorice.  Remind yourself that you are choosing to quit and leave the addiciton behind!  One hour at a time.  Use your distractions.

Jrad0930

That's what I'm trying

Barbscloud

@Jrad0930 What you're experiencing are common withdrawal symptoms as your body adjusts to the loss of nicotine.

Withdrawal symptoms.png

Use your deep breathing exercises.

Barbscloud_1-1682518700852.gif

Congrats on your success.  Keep moving forward one day at a time.  

Stay busy and stay close.  Barb

biscuit9

@Jrad0930  How are you today?   Hope things are better than yesterday.

Jrad0930

Thanks you all I know seems like when it's the worst when you get mad about something

Jrad0930

Yes and no good days bad days

biscuit9

Use your tools and distract.  What you are feeling is normal in the beginning.  You are probably feeling everything and more intensely.  You are retraining your brain, so be patient with yourself and use your distractions.  Take a walk, or just go in to another room.  Try the breathing exercises, shown above.  Read on this site, so you will see what others have gone through as well.  Stay strong.

Jrad0930

Seems like all I won't to do is eat now

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jrad0930 , feeling an increased appetite is a common experience after quitting. Our Mayo Clinic team blogged about the sensation (and how to cope with it!). 

- Megan, EX Team

Barbscloud

@Jrad0930 Congrats on 30 days of success.  That's fabulous.

Have you read about No Mans' Land?  Everyone doesn't experience, but it good to be aware.

No Mans Land Days 30 to 130 (approximate) - EX Community

Just wanted to add the reasons why you may be so hungry.  Nicotine and other chemicals in cigarettes speed up your metabolism, nicotine is an appetite suppressor, food may taste better,  and of course replacing a cigarette with having something else in your mouth can lead to snacking. 

Knowledge is power.

Barb

stephy7769

I love this. I need all the help I can get so I will be printing this and putting it on my bathroom mirror.