Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Here I am again

geminigypsylady
6 9 349

Greetings everyone! I'm Janice.  

I joined this group in February 2010, I had recently stopped smoking on Feb.14. I was so proud to be a non-smoker and then I screwed it up bigtime. 2012 I had to put my sweet dog down. On the way home from the veterinarian I stopped and bought a pack of cigs. And smoked. To this day I still can't believe I was so stupid! I tried over and over to quit again. I was able to quit again this time in 2018. I had surgery and took advantage of those 4 smoke-free days while I was in the hospital. March 2019 my world fell apart. My stepson took his own life on a beach in California. He was 46. Not excusing myself but again I picked up the habit and I didn't even try to quit again. I have anxiety/panic disorder, and quitting was too much to deal with.

Fast forward to present. I'm seeing a pulmonologist I have asthma and early stage COPD. I was ashamed to even be there and still smoking. The doctor ordered various screenings, lab, CAT scan,etc.  I will see him again soon to go over results and recommend treatment plan. The doctor is confident he can help me but ONLY if I stop putting anything in my lungs other than pure clean air.  I was ready to quit but I didn't have the strength and determination. I honestly thought I could never be smoke free, but I was willing to try anything, so he prescribed nicotine nasal spray to help me stop smoking, and in the future I will be weaned off the nicotine. 

Today is 4 days smoke free, my quit date was Feb. 13.  So far so good. Smoking is no longer an option for  me and I look forward to feeling better and better as time passes. And having more money in the bank lol. 

Smoke free is my life now and I'm ok with that. I will not waste this opportunity. I am DONE with smoking.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it lol. And I'm glad to be back here though of course I wish it wasn't necessary. Thank you all for being here and reading my story. I promise it will have a good ending!🚭

9 Comments