cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Her name was Lucia

Daniela2016
2 19 274

And she was the closest I had to a sister. 

Her last weeks alive were hard on her, her immediate family, and all who loved her.  I was one of these people; could not be by her side, could not attend the funeral (in my home town, Timisoara/Romania), but my life was not, and will never be the same without her.  She passed on Jan 3, stage 4 breast cancer, at age 72. 

The events took me away from this site, and still might for a while; I am trying to be supportive to her daughters, call or skype, or facetime them every day, and trying to find my own way to deal with the loss.

And even if her older daughter smokes a couple of cigarettes every time we speak, I am staying true to my quit; I am quit, and will stay quit; will deal with life's challenges by loving, sharing, giving, meditating, working.

Love

Daniela

Litera_L_2.png

19 Comments
ShawnP

Oh Daniela! i am so so sorry for your loss my friend. Will keep you in prayer. Comforting hug to you.

Giulia

"I am standing on the seashore.  A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean.  She is an object of beauty and strength, and I stand and watch her until at length she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky come down to mingle with each other.  Then someone at my side says, "There, she is gone."  Gone where?  Gone from my sight.  That is all.  She is just as large in mast and hull and spars as when she left my side.  Her diminished size is in me, and not in her, and just at the moment when someone at my side says, "There, she is gone," there are other eyes that are watching her coming and other voices ready to take up the glad shout.  "Here she comes!"

Sending love.  

Barbscloud

Daniela, so sorry to hear about "sister".   Another loss so soon, I know is difficult for you.   I'm glad you have her daughters in your life.  Sending caring thoughts.  

Image result for in sympathy word pic

Barb

MarilynH

I am sorry Daniela for the loss of your friend my thoughts and prayers are with you and her family there's so much Cancer in this World it's so heartbreaking, love you sweetie huge hug coming your way. ♥♥♥♥♥

YoungAtHeart

I hope you feel the warmth of a hug as I send it to comfort you.

My deepest sympathy.

Nancy

Christine13

I am so very sorry for your loss of Lucia.  May god give you and her family strength.

Mandolinrain

Im so sorry for your loss. You are covered in my thoughts and prayers. 

images-11.jpeg

Daniela2016

Thank you so much for the words of support and Giulia's metaphor, they are beautiful!  I am so blessed to have you as friends!

What I forgot to mention is that in fact we are blood related, first cousins, our mothers were sisters, she was my oldest cousin, and the closest. 

And yes, she will always live in me, I'll miss her voice though, and our long conversation about anything and everything.  Despite the hours difference (9h or 10h), we always found time to reach to each other, I'd stay late for her to get up, and she would get up early to catch me before I go to sleep. Even if there are 10 years difference between us, as I grew up into maturity, we became friends more than cousins.  We were exchanging clothing, I was buying her stuff she wanted and could not find at home, she'd send me back here with presents for everybody, my home is decorated with beautiful cross stitch embroidery she made. I'll post some pictures some day. She had the little charm with "D" and the little angel hanging onto it, made for me, and I am wearing it on one of the earrings my parents gifted me for my 18th birthday.

Charm.jpg

So thank you, thank you for letting me speak about her, I don't have much of an outlet at home; hubby is worried that I stressed out so much in the last couple of years or so, mom is no longer on the same wave length with me, and our son wants me "well".

And I will, I will get better with time, I know every body knows that, but for now it is still early...raw...and hurting; she passed on the 3rd, and was buried the day before yesterday.

Legend

I'm so sorry for your loss. I wish I could somehow ease your pain. I'm giving you a gentle hug.

Barbscloud

Glad you could come here for the support and comfort you need.

Barb

maryfreecig

I feel for you, Daniela, as you face your grief. It is such a difficult thing to do.  Big gentle hug.  You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. 

Giulia

That's a beautiful and special gift she gave you.  Now even more cherished.

indingrl

MY deepest sympathies for YOU Daniela and Lucia family - prayers lifted

Strudel

Daniela- I am so very sorry for your loss. Please take good care of yourself too during this very difficult time. 

JonesCarpeDiem

I'm sorry for your loss.

sweetplt

Oh no Daniela2016 I am so oh sorry for you loss hon...God Bless you and your Lucia’s family....~ Gotcha in my heart ~ Colleen

aboyd63

I'm  so sorry  for your loss  .

Kboyd66

Sorry for your loss you and family are in our thoughts and prayers 

elvan

Daniela2016‌ I have not been on the site much lately and I did not see this.  I am so sorry for the loss of your good friend, Lucia.  It has to be so hard for you to be so far away.  I am glad that you are finding ways to support her family, I am sure they are very grateful and that she would be as well.

Sending you loving hugs,

Ellen