cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Help! I just recieved a message in my inbox, from a friend of Larry's! URGENT!

TerrieQuit
1 19 39

I can not post on blogs! only on message boards! Please go to my message board and read what is there! I don't know how to help this problem! Thanks, Terrie

Terry's Profile

oldbones5358 (Larry Oct-21-2013)

33 minutes ago

Larry needs help

I am Larry's friend that lives with him. He told me how to get to this site and said I could always message you.

I knew he was going out the other night for a cerremony. I didn't know what exactly he was going to do.

He never came home yesterday morning. We have been searching since then.

About 5AM today a friend of ours walkd by a small cave and heard somethng. This cave is 10 miles away from where we live.

He looked in and found Larry in there. There were 3 large coyotes curled around him. He seemed like he didn't know what was happening around him.

This friend called us and we rushed over.

As we approached, the coyotes ran away. Larry was very cool to the touch and never moved. Beside him I found a small bag. It smelled strongly like mold and old things. I am afaid, and very sure he has used the old "medicine" as he called it to go into the other world. I think he is lost there in what he has referred to as "The One".

He has not spoken except to tell us things to do since we got him home.

I don't know what to do. Does anyone there know how to go to where I think he is and bring him back?

Please help him if you all can.

19 Comments
kristen-9-7-15

I sent you a PM, Terrie

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Which blog can you not comment on? When someone posts a blog they can choose to leave commenting on or turn it off. If you send a link to the blog I may be able to figure out what is happening.

Mark
EX Community Manager

kristen-9-7-15

Mark, I think she means she can only copy and paste to message boards but not to a blog.

JonesCarpeDiem

This is apparently ofrom Larry's roommate copied from Terrie's message board.

33 minutes ago

Larry needs help

I am Larry's friend that lives with him. He told me how to get to this site and said I could always message you.

I knew he was going out the other night for a cerremony. I didn't know what exactly he was going to do.

He never came home yesterday morning. We have been searching since then.

About 5AM today a friend of ours walkd by a small cave and heard somethng. This cave is 10 miles away from where we live.

He looked in and found Larry in there. There were 3 large coyotes curled around him. He seemed like he didn't know what was happening around him.

This friend called us and we rushed over.

As we approached, the coyotes ran away. Larry was very cool to the touch and never moved. Beside him I found a small bag. It smelled strongly like mold and old things. I am afaid, and very sure he has used the old "medicine" as he called it to go into the other world. I think he is lost there in what he has referred to as "The One".

He has not spoken except to tell us things to do since we got him home.

I don't know what to do. Does anyone there know how to go to where I think he is and bring him back?

Please help him if you all can.

JonesCarpeDiem

I got lost when the three coyotes entered the story.

consequently I don't have a clue how to get him back.

TerrieQuit

Thank you, Dale! If anybody wants to post please put it on Larry's board so his friend can get it! Thanks!

ShawnP

Terrie, go to fb. i left u message

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Terry-

What browser and browser version are you using? Have you tried copying and pasting on any other browsers? Could be an issue with your browser. I am able to copy and paste.

The copy of Larry's friend's message can be found on your message board here.

Mark
EX Community Manager

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Terrie-

I updated your blog post with the content of your message board. 

When you say you cannot posts links or images is it because the buttons are gone? If they are gone do you see a triangle in the upper right of the window? Is the arrow pointing up or Left? If left can you click on it so it points up again? Clicking that button hides the Bold, Italic, Underline, Strikethrough Link and Picture buttons. 

Mark
EX Community Manager

YoungAtHeart

I have sent you a pm!

Nancy

candylance

TERRIE, HAD TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS!! BUT I'M BACK AND MARKING 50 BIG DAYS. I'LL BE IN THE CAR DRIVING TO PHILLY ALL DAY TOMORROW BUT WILL GET IN TOUCH ON THE FOLOWING DAY.LATER!! LOVE YOU!! .

CANDY   50  YAY!!      DOF  

SweetMelissa4

Is this story even real?...lol  I am so cofused right now.  I just came back to this site after quite a few months and this is the first thing I read...  I have to be honest here and admit that I couldn't stop laughing.  I can't help but to think that this is not real?  Not sure though.  If it is... I'm sorry and good luck in bringing Larry back from the other world.  I got lost after the coyotes also Dale... lol.   But I think the answer here may just be ...  Time.  Whatever was in that bag... will wear off eventually.

Giulia

I have just been in contact with Owlfeather.  If anyone would know what this is all about, she would.  She has emailed me the following communication:

"I friended him on FB, and he was hinting then at doing what he is supposed to do, and going back to be with the "One".  What he is attempting is to "crossover" in the Old Way.  Not within walls or having tubes or any of that.  He is trying to do it in an old and Sacred Way.  To go with Spirit in a Sacred Way.  His friend needs to help him, just keep him comfortable as they can at this time.  Tell them to do as much for him as they can, at his direction.  He may not be very coherent right now, that is normal, but he knows what he wants.  Grant him that.  I am getting the sage going, sending prayer up on sacred smoke for him, doing a sing for him, it is his time, Giulia.  Also "don't force him to eat or drink if he doesn't want to.  This is his way."

She also recommends that we get a "Sing" going for Larrry at this time.  So I will attempt to do so in another blog.  If I learn of anything else I will keep everyone informed.  (Giulia)

SweetMelissa4

I'm sorry everyone.  I was confused.  Do you mean he is passing away?  If so... my apologies.  I am sorry and am sending prayers his way. 

kristen-9-7-15

SweetMellisa~ no apologies necessary. I think most of us are/were confused.

SweetMelissa4

Thank you Kristen..  I feel really bad.

Giulia

We are all confused about this.  I am simply trying to help unravel it.  It sounds very odd indeed.  But I would rather say a prayer in error than withhold one in error.

MarilynH

I am thinking good thoughts for Larry......

savedbygrace2
HE wants to go in the sacred , Indian ways. He knows it is close to his time. The coyotes could smell the differences on him and kept him as warm and comfortable as they could. Animals can since things. The best way we can help is silently pray for him but don't push or harp him. We must give him the privacy he wants but also let him know we love him and are here. HUG to each of you!!
About the Author
Hello, I am a 59 year old female, name Terrie, still growing up. I have moderate COPD. I am an oxygen patient, currently not in need of the 24/7 or night time oxygen. Thanks to all the great support and education I got here on EX. My original quit date was 07/06/15 on day 519 I relapsed and started over in less than 24 hours. I want to go to the great beyond being a former smoker and I shall! COPD is not choosy! and not pretty! May 1rst, 2017 I am using Dale's suggestion to put off a cigarette each time and I am down from 50 to 20. I am looking forward to my old(7-6-2015)/new quit date 7-6-2017 May 4th, 2017 I started with Marlboro reds. Nicotine is a very assinine addiction. Once addicted I found I would smoke any of it including the little cigar/cigarettes, and it's still true since I threw away my quit and stopped being true to myself. I will smoke ANYTHING with nicotine in it to get the fix. I hate smoking! I am not having a problem stopping it's staying stopped, that I am not doing! I do not buy anything but regular tobacco but if caught without it I will do anything except vape to get the fix. UPDATE POSTED 04/24/2018: Getting ready to set a quit date and begin again :)