cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Hello new life

Maki
6 8 268

We write goodbye letters to our addiction so I thought we should write a “ Hello new life “ letter too . 

Hello new life ,

I’m so glad I’ve met you . You see most of my young life  I smoked and I missed out on so many years . I’ve quit now and my slate is clean . I am no longer this addict who looks for a fix , an escape or a friend . The past is no longer my ball and chain and my lungs are healthier than before . I can dance again and I can sing again . I can attend parties again and family gatherings and I can laugh again ! HELLO new life !  I never knew you existed in the way I know you now . I see colors now , and I smell the roses and even smell the scent of fresh rain . I feel ! 
I can hear birds singing , really really singing  and when I inhale and exhale , it is so breathtaking to feel this good ! It is neither forced or guided by machine , it just comes completely naturally , and even though I have COPD it doesn’t have me ! It’s copd . Hello new life ! Hello new life I am glad I met you . I’m glad I went in search for you .  I won’t take you for granted because I know just how short life is , now that I’m older . I don’t want to regret anything and I want to look forward to everything!  Hello new life ! I am filled with joy , energy , strength and confidence in my new skin and I feel being completely and totally grateful for you and happy today . I am content , not anxious ;  at peace , not war with addiction , nope , not anymore ! 
                                     Hello new life .
                  I’m happy to get to know you more . 

-Maki 12 YOF 

7625C359-37E3-428A-8FEA-CD1ED80383E0.jpeg

8 Comments