cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Hello again~It’s been a while

Trust
4 6 115

I read that after one we of not smoking you are 9 times able to successfully quit. Truth or fiction? I’ve been 10 DOF! Unfortunately, the Covid pandemic is happening, so many people are dying worldwide. My story started the last week in July when my children asked me to leave Florida and stay with them until the pandemic is no longer a threat. I’m in the vulnerable age category and have allergy induced asthma. Not to mention I’ve been a smoker since I was a teenager. I drove 30 hours straight from Florida to New Mexico with stops for gas, let Penny (my puppy) out to do her business or eat a snack. After arriving I then was able to relax a bit until I drove to Colorado to visit my other son. Then I started to feel a bit sick. Most likely it was my allergies kicking up. The allergy shots my son was giving me weren’t working here! Feeling crummy, low and behold I realized that I hadn’t smoked in 10 days. My stress level has gone down quite a bit since I left the Covid hot spot in Florida. It’s extremely helpful that my son isn’t a smoker. He has asked me to quit since he was around 9 years old. Like many of us (smokers) we are really good at quitting.  He’s now 34! Wow, time flies by too quickly. I’m wishing you all good health, happiness and the strength to stay a non-smoker for life! 

6 Comments