cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Health issues follow up

Daniela2016
0 20 11

Thank you all so much for your comments, they really helped me in a way or another.

Last night I ended up in ER; the muscle cramps were so bad that hubby could not handle it anymore; we were hoping for some miracle Dr (some kind of Dr House, if any of you watched the show).  Of course we did not get him.

But I did get a generic diagnosis: Rhabdomyolysis, fancy way of saying muscle destruction, 2 bags of infusion, to wash out as much of the toxins as possible, Tramadol for the pain, recommended bed rest for at least 72 hours, and follow up with my PCP. 

In some respects you were all right; I believe it might be a combination of side effects from Cymbalta, some heart condition (or Cymbalta too) that decreased the heart rate and the blood oxygen to my muscles, and ended up poisoning all the muscles, they kept eliminating toxins, so I have been in this vicious circle for over 2 months now.

And yes, I had already reduced all the meds I was able to, down to the minimum necessary, however will ask the Dr to switch some if we can since I believe at least one of them is still toxic. 

Tomorrow I have the brain MRI, so he’ll have the results from the blood test and the MRI (I guess to eliminate any brain condition that might cause the cramps, tingling, burning in the limbs).

Meanwhile I am trying a liquid diet (some kind of cleanse) water, lemon, maple syrup and turmeric, clear vegetable soup, and lots and lots of water.

I will keep you guys updated, and thank you again to my EX family for all the support and guidance.

And just so you know, as we were driving away from ER, I was tired, somehow relieved, also disappointed (because I did not get more immediate help), but I wanted a cigarette so badly…but of course I know as well as all of us here, that would not have helped, of course I had none…NOPE was there to help!

Have a wonderful day, all of you, and thanks again!!!

20 Comments