cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Have a great day everyone ●

MarilynH
1 9 15

Anyone waking up this morning that may be feeling anxious about your quit, chin up and figure out what distraction will work for you to plow through the day and this evening when you are getting ready for bed, you can take a deep breath and know that you WON the day. Quitting smoking in the first few weeks is definitely a roller coaster of ups and downs of mood swings but once you get through the rough patches, then it's relearning how to deal with lifes emotions without the crutch of cigarettes, this definitely takes time too but it's absolutely doable and absolutely worth it . Many of us Exers smoked for many decades, every aspect of our lives whether we were happy, sad, angry or if the telephone rang we grabbed a cigarette, going for a drive, we'd make sure that we had the smokes, so it stands to reason that it's going to take some time to relearn different ways of handling situations without the you know what!!!!! - - I smoked for 40 yrs and in the beginning of my quit I didn't know if I could succeed but I promised myself the night before quitting smoking that no matter what I would never pick up another cigarette as long as I live, so I got through each day at times, I made it through by the minute but I got through by keeping my mind as well as my hands occupied and you can too. I wanted my quit more than anything else in the world, I was willing, determined and totally committed and here I am on my 584th day and counting, I will never ever, ever take my quit for granted but will always remain vigilant while enjoying my freedom from the dreaded nicotine poison. Stay strong and stay close to this site because we're all here for you, read everything you can about quitting because there's a wealth of information here for you, believe me when I say there's definitely life after cigarettes and it's super fantastic! 

Marilyn 

9 Comments
About the Author
I'm a proud Gram of 2 grandsons and a granddaughter and I consider myself a jack of all trades and a master of none, plus I enjoy reading and being outside and since quitting smoking breathing is so much easier because I'm not coughing half of my time sucking on a cancer stick....