cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Hard Candy

julie_08-09-13
0 10 133

I've come to realize that after 4 days I REALLY don't like hard candy. I've started eating sugar free hard candy or chewing gum when I feel the urge to smoke. Does anybody have any other ideas on things to try?

10 Comments
ShawnP

I knew there has to be another blog with the first 100 so here it is..

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/Youngatheart.7.4.12-blog/2013/02/25/100-things-to-do-instea...

Michwoman

Toothpicks work - so do straws!!

Nyima_1.6.13

I survived on sugar free cinnamon gum and deep breathing. I also kept straws in my car for chewing on! 

One of my favorite elders here at EX suggested trying to inhale and exhale through a straw as a reminder of what breathing with lung disease feels like! That is always a good distraction for me plus it kinda scared me into keeping this forever quit!

erma2

I quit smoking 7 months ago.  And still today I use my dum dum suckers.  I like what Nyima says to try.  There is a  lot of things to try. You just have to find what  works for you.  I really dont like hard candy either.  but I have a lot of it.  Good luck to you and welcome to the site.  God bless you.   Have a great day .   nope...   not one puff ever.   Erma

Rxbecca1981

I liked to use different flavors of gum. But my favorite was gummy bears. Keep up the great work!! 

julie_08-09-13

Thank you everyone for the suggestions! I will have to give them a try.

Strudel

Hi Julie and welcome! Congrats on your quit! Cold water is great - so refreshing! But, I must admit I'm hooked on Tootsie Pops! I only "get" one a day - but, I love them! Even named my most recent cat - "Tootsie"!!! Stick around! 

Jordan-11-1-12

Hey Julie... a friend of mine use to bite into a lemon (rhind and all) to stop a crave... which it did immediately!   Personally, toothpicks, stirrers, straws, cinamin sticks, cold grapes...  

keep up the good work!

Jordan-11-1-12

oh, and sip lots of cold water !!