cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Happy Sunday to all ●□●□●

MarilynH
1 8 20

I hope everyone enjoyed your Saturday, I was very busy yesterday but had a wonderful day. I believe this is 391 beautiful days of freedom from the dreaded nicotine poison and it feels great to be free from the slavery of needing that disgusting crutch every half hour or so, if you are new to this site hang tight onto your precious quits because you can and will get to a good place. I smoked just shy of 40 yrs and never in a million years did I think I could quit and I know there's some wonderful folks here that have smoked over 50 yrs and have a few yrs under their belts, stay strong and continue on counting your fabulous days of freedom because it's so worth it to be an Ex smoker and enjoying life without cigarettes be willing to go through the rough patches to get to a place where you can smile and laugh and know that you never want to put them anywhere near your face, believe that you can succeed and you will succeed. 

Marilyn 

8 Comments
JACKIE1-25-15

Happy Sunday to you also.  Thanks for your wisdom.

constanceclum

Thanks for sharing this Marilyn. I don't think I would have quit if not for getting on here and reading other people sharing their age and yrs. smoked. I had been saying to myself for years that people just can't quit after smoking this many yrs. at my age. Boy was I wrong and did I learn that from posting that here.

Connie

LizzyG

Thank you for sharing! I am loving the freedom and never want to go back!

jonilou

It's never too late for any of us to quit and free ourselves from the slavery of smoking! Thank you Marilyn. Have a blessed Sunday!

elvan

Happy Sunday dear lady hope you have an amazing day.  It's beautiful here today so I am going to get to the pool later, low humidity, lots of sun.  Tomorrow, I have doc's appointment so I will double up on my workout today since I likely will not get to work out tomorrow.  

YoungAtHeart

Good Morning!

I had a wonderful sleep last night and hope to make it to the pool today.  It's overcast now and a bit cool - I will have to see the forecast before I venture out.  Might be another movie afternoon, might not be!

Enjoy yours, whatever you do!

Nancy

TerrieQuit

Congratulations on 391 DOF Marilyn! Have a wonderful evening!

Terrie  34  DOF

Strudel

Love the new avatar! And - you are right - believe that you can and you will! Congrats to you Marilyn! 

About the Author
I'm a proud Gram of 2 grandsons and a granddaughter and I consider myself a jack of all trades and a master of none, plus I enjoy reading and being outside and since quitting smoking breathing is so much easier because I'm not coughing half of my time sucking on a cancer stick....