cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Happy Mother's Day

Gail561
6 3 124

Happy Mother's Day to all celebrating today. I will remain smoke free as smoking doesn't solve anything. If anything it brings on more complications that I just don't need right now. I have learned to solve things without the smoke and mirrors. Sometimes I look back and say why did I do it? I thought it was the way to drown out my thoughts especially the ones that hurt. It turns out it didn't do anything except take time away from me. Reflection and understanding that the habit was just that just a habit. Something I did without thinking or emotional bond. So if you are on the fence about staying off of smoking - think of all the things you have done to this point. Take the good times and hold on to them and fight the craves. There is someone to take care of who needs us. My daughter needs me as much as I need her. +

Give  your mom a hug or a call today. Some special moments to hold on to.

3 Comments
About the Author
Learning to deal with the effects of COPD - one day at a time. I am a survivor and new steps in improving my life style. I work full time as a CSR for a Plumbing Manufacturing Company. I am married to a supportive husband and a daughter who are my rock.