cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Happy Friday

ReallyReal
6 10 194

Hi ya'll.  I hope each of you is doing well and feeling confident that the nicotine-free life is the way to go.  I am confident that it is the way to go for me and despite the fact that I have been dealing with an episode of what might be called depression, I am still steadfast with NOPE NMW.  I certainly do not want to ever go through those first three days again, that first week again, that first month again.... I am, despite feeling pretty down, absolutely thrilled that I do not use tobacco anymore.  I can say today, that for today, Nothing will lead me to smoke.  I don't want to be flip about being nicotine free.  Vigilance will remain part of my life as I maintain my quit each day going forward.  I am grateful to have chosen Life and better health, and grateful

1000002188.jpg

that I can keep choosing Life every day.  I am also grateful that I've been able to put enough distance between myself and the addict in me that my mood has not led me to consider giving up my quit. The addict in me has not been able to tempt me at all into thinking, "Well, it really doesn't matter if you quit or not," or "Just have one, it will make you feel better."  I haven't been having any of those thoughts for awhile.   Maintaining my quit has gotten easier than it was just two months ago.  I am not sure if there is a specific name for this phase of quitting, perhaps I will have to come up with one for myself--or if you have one, I'd love to hear it.

Anyway, just wanted to check in and say, I feel good, despite not feeling that good, about being tobacco and vape free.  It is a joyous thing to be free from those horrible chains that burdened me and kept my thoughts absolutely consumed with wondering when and where I'd get my next drag off of a cigarette.  Life is so much better without tobacco.  Happy Friday to you all.

10 Comments
Barbara145

Hope you are feeling better.  Tell yourself alot of good things that are true.  Beautiful quit you have going.  Take good care of yourself.

McMoney

You are so positive and kind to people but even so, we all go through the times when motivation and a glittery outlook are harder to come by. It's going to be okay!

💜

Sending hugs your way, Raissa!  

McMoney_0-1713562207035.jpeg

ReallyReal

Big hug right back atcha, Meriah @McMoney 

YoungAtHeart

81C5RlpzlSL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Sending a hug!

Nancy

MarilynH

I'm sooooooooooo proud of you Raissa @ReallyReal you are doing super fantastic with your precious quit journey! Even though you've been depressed and having the nicodemon tempt with the just one! You're holding on tight to the best gift that you'll ever give yourself which is the GIFT OF LIFE! You are a true inspiration to all of here at Ex and you're most definitely a kindred spirit, huge hug from me to you. 🤗

77ad8c8af8ecdba55c9ffa9520009162.jpg

ReallyReal

Thank you @Barbara145 @YoungAtHeart @MarilynH I am so.pleased to be part of this amazing, supportive community where we can all share our stories of strength and hope.  I appreciate you.

indingrl

347619-Blessings-Of-Love-Happy-Friday.jpg

 dear friend @ReallyReal  

Thank you for sharing your experience strength and hope with me and please know I am nope with you today 

ReallyReal

Happy to be in agreement with you in NOPE and appreciate you so very much @indingrl .

Barbscloud

@ReallyReal Sorry to hear you're experiencing some emotional down time, but happy to hear your still strong in your quit. Make time for yourself.

Barbscloud_0-1713617285940.jpeg

Hugs

Barb

champsin97

Hope you feel better today.  Sometimes I get a little down too.  I'll get on youtube and find some funny videos to watch.  Seems to lighten the mood.  Anyway I'm glad to hear that you are steadfast in your quit.  Stay strong my quit buddy!

About the Author
I am 59 years old and love my four dogs and two cats, all strays I couldn't turn away. I love to be outside in my yard, watching the birds or puttering around in the dirt. I am so grateful that I let go of those inner voices that kept telling me, It is too late to quit smoking, or, Why quit now? I am so looking forward to being smoke-free.