cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Happify

Diane145
0 7 98

I guess it's hard to obliterate the mental aspect of being a smoker for years.

I have been delusional thinking that the "want" would eventually pass too.  Perhaps that's why I haven't been successful in the past to permanently quit smoking.

Hopefully this is the last time I go back to smoking.  I am so very, very grateful that I have no health issues due to years of smoking.

Still, one day at a time.  Now on day 15.  I haven't exposed myself to the triggers that prompted me to smoke in the past.  Hopefully, I can gradually be exposed to the atmospheres and tolerate it.  It not, I know I have to immediately walk away.

To combat my mood swings, I have found www.happify.com and www.my-diary.com to help me focus on positive learning and energy. 

Success my friends!!

7 Comments
morningglory84

Good luck I have quit and restarted so many times I am on day 1 and am fighting the urge as I type this... I am hoping this will be my last time quitting... thank you for the websites.. Hang in there.. You GOT THIS

prjimm01

keep the positive attitude!  We can and will do this together.  I am on day 11 and have never been happier or felt better.

We have given up nothing.  What we have gained far outweighs anything else!

YoungAtHeart

Try to remember that you can feel any way you CHOOSE to feel.  Just like it's up to you to CHOOSE not to smoke!  It's all up to you.

Choose happy and smokefree - it's the best way to be.

Nancy

JonesCarpeDiem

breaking free is all about allowing the time it takes to do so. keep up the good work.

sparky26

Don't give up Diane, it really is so worth it . This is a good thing you are doing for you , remember that.

^-^

Sootie

You are not delusional.......the "want" WILL eventually pass too! I no longer "want" a cigarette....not in any way, shape or form. And just in case you want to tell yourself...well, she probably didn't smoke much or for too long or never "loved it"--------OH YES I DID.

And, truthfully, as I sit here tonight I honestly tell you I have not "wanted" a cigarette in years........

Neither will you. Stay Strong.

Diane145

I'm not giving up and still going strong.  I honestly feel that if I get around my "smoker" friends that it will temp me too much.

I am really hoping that that fear fades over time and I'm able to continue doing the things I enjoy with them.

I really can't complain.  After the first week, things have seemed to settle down. 

I hope you are all doing well and staying on the healthy track!!