cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Hanging in there

goplayoutside
0 7 19

I made it through another weekend.  I have enjoyed the extra energy that I've had lately, but Saturday, I was a total slug.  I got a few things done in the morning, then decided to rest a bit on the couch.  I never got up again.  Both kids were exhausted too until the evening.  I firmly believe that teenagers are part vampire.  They seem most alive at night.  They both went on dates, so I had the house to myself and continued to slug out on the couch.

Thoughts of smoking still creep in, but not as often.  When they do creep, I can feel the cycle of talking myself into just one, but I am able to shut it down.  

I notice I have the most trouble when I am a car with someone who smokes (not my car).  I'm not going to tell them to change their behavior simply because I changed mine.  It is tough, but I manage to make it and once I am out of the car, the urge goes away.

7 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

Very Good. Sorry you have to breathe their smoke.

tjanddj

Sounds like you are doing well. Congratulations on keeping going forward!

juliebrereton

Stay Strong Girl, you got this.  I think it's rude that people smoke their cars when there are other people who don't smoke riding with them.  When I smoked a was a very considerate smoker and didn't smoke anywhere or around anyone that didn't smoke.  I didn't even like it when my own cigarette smoke went in my face let alone someone elses. 

Next time you get that urge to smoke just one, go and throw a load of clothes in the wash or make out your gorcery list, or clean out a drawer.  Sometimes watching TV can cause that bordem feeling which makes you want to light up. 

You Can Continue To Do This! 

YoungAtHeart

Slug is OK sometimes!  Your body is working extra hard in the background to heal itself from all the damage done, and your whole chemistry is trying to readjust to life without the drugs.  Be patient with yourself.  You are quitting smoking - and that should be job#1

Next time you have to be in a car with a smoker, you might try to a) put some Vicks under your nose to cover up the smell (and the slight burn makes you remember your quit and b) take a cold bottle of water to sip from.

Both of these helped me! 

Nancy

Dotgirl_1-28-16
Great way to treat yourself with rest and relaxation! Woohoo youve got another weekend behind you.
TerrieQuit

You are doing great! It is hard to tolerate other's smoking and the smells sometimes, but it is a fact of life! Stay Strong!!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

elvan

This too shall pass!  You are going to get stronger and stronger, as far as being in a car with someone who smokes...I would avoid that if I could.  I did have to ride with my son and he smokes and asked me if it would bother me...I said, "Are you KIDDING me?"...he lit up but held his cigarette out the window and kept the window wide open.  I make it clear now that I cannot ride with him unless he agrees not to smoke when I am in the car.  I don't care if he has to pull over to smoke every so often, just not in the car with me, I worked too hard to clean my lungs up...I am not inhaling someone else's smoke.