cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Halfway through Day 1

annie5
0 3 8
Seems like it has been the longest day ever today. I have been trying to get my husband to buy me cigarettes, but he won't let me. I got so oeverwhelmed today I got dizzy from anxiety. I feel so depressed today I don't know what to do with myself. Cigarettes are on my mind all the time. I just wish I could have one smoke. But then I realize why I am quitting. I wouldn't want to go through this all over again. I hope when my husband and son leave for a week that I will be alright. I am forgetting things all the time. It is like I am not here today. I think about exersizing, but I remember the last time I did...the patch was coming off. I took a long nap today. It felt good,except that I felt like crap when I woke up with depression and that urge. I don't think I can take this anymore, but I am just riding it out. My husband says on my 3rd day, if I still want one that I can. I don't know if I will because if I can get through the 3rd day then I did it! I miss it though. It made me feel good...or at least I think it did. Actually I remember that the last time I smoked, it didn't make me feel any better, it just gave me a wheeze and a cough. Please give me the strenght to get through this...
3 Comments
Charmed
Oh Annette......I feel your pain.....what is the longest you have ever made it before???? Hang in there....you can do it.....Since your having trouble with depression have you talked to your doctor about taking wellbutrin....I'm not sure if you're on othere medications but it wouldn't hurt to ask him, I hear it works well for quitting.....I'm haveing a tough time today also, I just got home from the grocery store and I bought some Cinnamon sticks, and they seem to be helping about....they are flavored and I can "fake" smoke them......You can do this Annette....if you really want to quit then you can get through this!!!! I'll be here to help you
karenr
WTG You took the first step....you can and WILL do this if you put your MIND to it...I am on day 26 and I can honestly say after all the times I have quit and that is many over a 33 year period of smoking this was trhe easiest why? BECAUSE I did it cold turkey got it out of my system in 72 hours and read read and read some more knowledge is what it is about it is 98% in the mind it really is and this time after finding out I have mild emphysema I said that does it I will not pay for something that is killing me anymore I put them down and honestly it was not that hard because I knew that was it and I was much stronger.....WTG on standing up for yourself and your health and saying the .... with the tobacco companies that put cynide and ammonia and 100 other chemicals in the things we are breathing stay strong trust me each day is alot easier and I have never felt better and soooo happy as I have been lately.....GOOD LUCK....Karen
jen39
Well you took the first step, you got on here for support, very good move. The third day is the crossing point. Thats when the nicotine is out of your system. Drink cranberry juice and lots of water for the first three days it'll help flush your system and boost your sugar. Do you drink coffee if so watch your caffine intake it makes the withdrawls worse. Protine will help alot too. Believe it our not it gives your body and mind energy. Also visit WhyQuit.com theres alot of information that could be of help. They give you tips, and reseach results. Let me know how you do tomorrow. And STAY STRONG, YOU WILL DO THIS!