cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Had a lapse....but got right back up.

loveoflyfe43
0 6 7

In my third week, had a little setback, smoked about three cigarettes, only because I was with an old friend, and she smokes, and just fell back in.  That first smoke after not having for three weeks, damn near knocked me off my feet, it tasted awful, and made me light headed, so i stopped at half a cigarette, then we went out drinking and stuff, and you know the rest.  Spent the night at her place, she goes to work in the morning, and leaves a pack of cigarettes home, I smoke one, and it starts to feel good again, that's when I knew I had to leave.  Put out cigarette, and got out of there.  I didn't buy any cigarettes on my own, and I'm so glad I was able to just not think about smoking again.  

6 Comments
EllenMT

Relapses are not optional or desired.  May I suggest you join and read all the information on the below posts.  It is really simple to quit smoking...just don't smoke.

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/relapse-prevention

loveoflyfe43

thanks for the tough love.

lynette9

Dear Love,

Ellen is known for that. It's what makes her Ellen. Every "pride" needs one lion who will take swipes now and then. You should read comments made my Maggie and Giulia to Jiva when she slipped.

"Slip" sounds like well, it was kinda just you know, nothing much.  A little slip.

Not One Pufff Ever. Period. Make that commitment to yourself. Do you deserve to call the shots in your own life? The FREEDOM to make choices where you don't have to worry about if or where or when you can smoke next. You just know you won't. EVER.

Kaput. Done. Finito.

Read, read, READ as my dear mentor Strudel told me when I first arrived here several months ago, now. I  Go to www.whyqut   Come here. Blog if you feel like lighting up. Write HELP in the subject line and wait for 10 minutes. You'll get plenty of responses. If you don't do it once more. DON'T SMOKE.

Simple. Perhaps not easy.

TheNewMe_Jo

Bad bad Bad, excuses excuses.

I dont know why it peeves me to read someone
slipped .. maybe its cause after bein a smoker for 30 years, 2-3 packs a day, really really enjoying smoking, til the end, and I have stayed quit, regardless of any situation I have been in.

Its not about controlling what other people do , "leaving cigarettes at home" its about reminding yourself you are a non smoker.

Get it in your head, you cant afford this any more.

seriously, now you have to start alllllll over. You got all 4000 toxins just stirring in your body sayin hellooooo lover 🙂

Ya know, I quit a  bathroom remodel the day I quit smoking cause those guys smoke, its still half done, I dont wanna be round smokers, its nasty, you said it yourself, that first cig you smoked, yet you continued to smoke. Dont you know every puff is eating away at your lungs one puff at a time? One day you''ll wake up like me, walk to the curb and not be able to make it back (Emphysema)

I have had "thoughts" not cravings about 100 times in 30 days of my quit, just thoughts, some intense, but I did NOT smoke. you have one shot, we dont get a second chance.

This isnt tough love, this is truth, the facts

DONT SMOKE

aztec

You need to really think about what cigarettes will do to you. YOu will die 14+ years earlier, and a suffocating death, I would tell you to put a plastic bag over your head and try to go with out a cople breaths,(saw avideo of it) but you might kill yourself. Same with smoking. We are here to hel pyou stop.

Stop romanticising them they are deadly. If you allow yourself excuses you will not beat your addiction. There is no excues, Figure out your reasons for quitting and make them strong, Maybe carry a picture of yourefl with your family around, and tell yourself you don't want to make them cry, if you don't get your reasons down and be strong about them you will die a smoking related disease.

go online to cancer society, lung usa, whyquit.com, american heart ass.

read about smoking cessation, you don't have to die that way.

Stop the excuses and you will stop the drama and save your life, you don't know which cigarette it will be tht can cause cancers. thank about it once the damage is done it is done, I hop eyou read Thomas" stuff and JoJO stuff and go to Kellies blog, you can get there from my page. just click on my icon. Take some time and read my homework and do some for yourself, make your own lists and get help if you need it.

Save your life!!!

loveoflyfe43

Ok, I got it, not one puff, just don't do it...I know that in my heart, and I'm not blaming anyone but myself.  I am responsible for all my actions.  Thanks for the information.