Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

*HEALING THE PAST*

TheNewMe_Jo
1 7 50

I want to share some things with you that I have learned through "healing"

Healing can be defined many ways.

For US and this addiction - HEALING is REQUIRED in order to go forward.

Some tips on how to allow yourself to heal from this addiction. Yes, I said ALLOW yourself to heal. See, we beat ourselves up all the time over this. WE ALLOW THIS EVIL  to stand in our way of recovering, healing, moving forward. We do not allow ourself to focus on today, the positive. Instead we get caught up on our past failures, so our expectations are already LOW. WE ARE BEATING OURSELF UP!

How are we doing this?

Well, we focus on the ADDICTION instead of THE REWARD. By saying things like, "man, Im just an addict, always have been, smoking is my thing. i have smoked my whole life. My parents smoked so therefore Im a smoker. It keeps me calm. I enjoy it. YOU ARE SAYING IT TOO MUCH! CURSE IT! Not with bad words, I mean, break that cycle, that form of thinking. Switch your words. STOP GIVING THIS DEMON CREDIT  in any form, especially by saying his name, by bringing up the addiction in the first place.

Don't speak of what you don't want! Watch your words. Speak of WHAT YOU DO WANT! Count your Blessings. and focus on them instead of the problem( the addiction) we get caught up on saying it too much (the evilness that we are rebuking) by naming it over and over and over... REBUKE IT! Curse the demon when the thought enters your mind.

By rebuking your thoughts, your expectations leave you with more HOPE and a POSITIVE IMAGINATION... not NEGATIVE, not the addiction... but instead what is it that you are seeking right now? If you are sick from smoking, copd,or emphysema, and you have a cough for instance, CURSE IT in the name of Jesus that you will HEAL... don't say things like, man Im sick from all the smoking I did my whole life,don't sit there in self pity and cry about how i\sick you are from smoking... don't feed into it any more- you've been doin that your whole life. REBUKE IT! Surrender to temptation.. take authority over that demon. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Did your parents smoke? FORGIVE THEM! Forgiveness is something we have to learn to do more of. BREAK THAT CYCLE which comes from genetic curses. Don't "claim" to have symptoms of illnesses or passed down sin of addictions, instead REBUKE IT IMMEDIATELY and it will flee from you. Forgiveness,can make a huge difference in healing. So we don't continue to always blame someone else.

Forgive yourself above all others! STOP BEATING YOURSELF UP! That is only keeping you down. I'm not into all the sugar coating and sweet talkin all the time- but I know when you look towards the "fruits" and live by them, it's alot easier and more doable. It allows us to HEAL. BUT I do believe we HAVE TO FORGIVE ourselves, so we don't stay in this "woe is me" way of thinking... by doing so, you are making yourself sicker, and causing yourself to stay in the addicted mind frame.

When you are healing, you may have some physical "withdrawls" I recently got into Homeopathics. Instead of medications. I use these. I don't take my anti-depressants any more, in fact Im off almost all my prescriptions,( I am not suggesting everyone stop taking their meds lol) But Visit your Health food store, ask them about Homeopathics. Theres one for tobacco withdrawl, you can take it as often as you want, no side effects, its all natural, eases anxiety,cravings,irritability,stress and other physical effects we feel from abstinence of nicotine. These are really amazing. I'd sure use this before Id spend money on gum, or patches or any other form of nicotine. This aids in HEALING not keeping you addicted, and they work. They come in pills or liquid, travel sizes, so they fit into your pocket or purse. About 10-15 bucks. WORTH IT!

Bless Everyone

Jo

7 Comments