cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Grief has no boundaries

Gail561
3 7 196

They say that grief has no boundaries and that your emotions flood at times you don’t expect it. It’s true that you can be happy one minute and not want to break down and cry the next. Two more days and it’s been a year since you’ve been gone. So much has happened in a year time frame and some of it is a spiraling effect but it’s also teaching me my strength as well. I may not be perfect, but I am strong that I am fighting battles that I need to fight. Working to keep things afloat even if things are going a bit wavy now. Would you be proud of me and what I’ve accomplished? Is this how you expected me to rise above everything? Some days I am really scared and other times I really want you by my side again. Darn it – I really can’t believe it’s been a year since you have been with us. I am going deep into my soul to find my strength as some of the battles I have are not even my fault. I fell into a trap and clawed my way out. Darn it, I really miss you. There will never be anyone else to take your place the way you have my heart. So much we learned together as a team. Tears want to flow as we both miss you. You would be proud of her as much as I am. She’s struggling too.

7 Comments
About the Author
Learning to deal with the effects of COPD - one day at a time. I am a survivor and new steps in improving my life style. I work full time as a CSR for a Plumbing Manufacturing Company. I am married to a supportive husband and a daughter who are my rock.