Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Greetings from Florida

RachelMB
4 14 82

Good evening Ex-family-

I just wanted to say hello from Florida!  I'm having a wonderful time with my parents.  For the last few years I have come down here to get out of the cold weather for a few weeks.  I am fortunate in that I work totally from home and can work from here too.  I was nervous coming down because this is my first trip here without smoking.  I didn't tell my parents that I had quit and wanted it to be a surprise.  My mother picked up on it immediately and cried when I told her that I no longer smoked!   My father was just as supportive! 

I have been very busy the last few days.  My parents are in their late sixties but you would never know it.  They are always out doing something and are involved in lots of activities in their neighborhood.  My father and I did a Pilates class this morning and tomorrow I'm going to spinning class for the first time.  

Thank you all for your daily support.  I love coming to the café every morning and "seeing" everyone.  You guys are such a big part of my life and I truly think of you as family.   I can't wait for Ex-5 and to finally meet some of you. 

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Valentine's day-

xoxoxo

Rachel

14 Comments
bacardigirl

Love the blog! You are always so full of fun and optimism! Glad you are someplace sunny and warm...enjoy your visit with your folks, they sound like fun!

YoungAtHeart

You are so lucky to be able to do things and go places with your active parents.  In the warmth and sunshine?  BONUS!

Have a wonderful time!

Nancy

Strudel

That is great that you are enjoying time in Florida with your parents! I am sure they are so thrilled about your quit! 

I look forward to meeting you at EX5! 

Jennifer-Quit

Enjoy your trip!  What part of Florida?

Stopforgood

Enjoy your trip and special time with your parents!

Daniela2016

So happy you are having such a great time!  I guess this is the perfect time of the year too, right, not to hot, not too humid, just right?

You'll be coming back wearing some beautiful colors on your skin, and in the perfectly exercised shape too, thanks to your active parents, good for them and you Rachel!

RachelMB

They live in the Ocala area.  About an hour and a half from Orlando.

TerrieQuit

You sound great RachelMB I am glad you are having a good time! Thanks for taking time out to stop in! Enjoy your parents and their activities and please let me know what a "spinning" class is about!   ~Terrie~

RachelMB

TerrieQuit‌-spinning class is this crazy stationary bike workout.  It's pretty intense I hear.  We have to wear heart rate monitors and I think you burn a ton of calories.  Not sure I can keep up but I'm going to try it.

MarilynH

I am so very happy for you RachelMB, you are a rock star my sweet friend and fellow Exer, would you like some of this snow? 20170207_150224.jpgHee. Hee...

RachelMB

MarilynH‌-I think I will leave the snow for you for today but will take some tomorrow.   Stay warm my sweet friend!

TerrieQuit

It sounds intense! Have a good time with it RachelMB Thanks for explaining what it is!

MarilynH

This pic was taken about three wks ago since then we've had several more snowstorms so there's lots more of the white stuff but Mason will enjoy sliding in it, I'll have him after school Friday and got a couple of sleds for him to slide on.RachelMB

elvan

Sounds like you are having an amazing time and I am sure your parents are as well!

About the Author
Keep smiling-the best is yet to be. I am 46 years old and married. I have a 18 year old "bonus" daughter and a big yellow lab named Lewis. I am a medical biller and work from home. I am happy to be free from smoking since 10/19/16.