cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Great News!

TerrieQuit
2 18 236

Good morning everyone! I have some great news! Brandy (BF) smoked his last cig. last night! He is keeping busy right now, fixing us some breakfast! (which is a good deal for me and is keeping his hands busy). He will be on the computer today, finishing the Carr book! So I won't be back on until later. He has also told me that he will probably sign up for this site! He has till Jan.3rd here with me, so he will be in a smoke free environment till then. I am very excited! Brandy also went to his apt yesterday and did some deep cleaning, so he will have a fresh apt. to go back to on the 3rd.

Awhile back someone suggested adult coloring books. I got one for Christmas and some colored pencils! A great present! So I will be coloring for awhile today!

Have a nice day and protect your quits!

Hope you all have a very safe and Happy New Year! I am very excited about the New Year!

Terrie  175  DOF

18 Comments
elvan

Congratulations to Brandy, he can do this, your support will be a real gift to him because you will understand what he is going through.'

Have fun with the coloring books...I have seen some of them and WOW, they are not like any coloring book I have ever seen before.

YoungAtHeart

You should also pat YOURSELF on the back for providing such a shining example for Brandy!  You showed him that it can be done - and how.

Is your avatar Samson - the parrot who talks when he wants to?  Very handsome fella!

A lot of folks got those coloring books for Christmas, it seems.  They are such a good de-stressor, I think.  Enjoy!

Nancy

OldBones-Larry

Please assure Brandy that we support him in his quit. I know that you will help him over th rough spots as much as you can. Keep those quits going strong.

kristen-9-7-15

That is great news!  I'll be here to welcome Brandy with open arms when he decides to sign up!

ShawnP

That is awesome news!! Tell Brandu hi. You both can do this together!!

joedice711

good news for you  terrie. thats awesome you guys can do it together.. that don,t sound right does it.     oh i see shawn beat me to it    .anyhow tell brandy we are here for him..   

joedice711

i like sampson.

Puff-TM-Draggin

YEAH for Brandi.  Can't wait to meet him!

cpsono

You have done a wonderful thing by inspiring the BF to quit.  It will be so nice that you can help each other maintain your smobriety!!!   xoxo CP

JonesCarpeDiem

YAY! That is great news.

And all because of you

Jennifer-Quit

That is wonderful news!  Hope that he will join us!

tjanddj

Oh Terrie that is so wonderful that Brandy has joined you on this journey! What a awesome gift he has given himself. Enjoy your coloring!

Giulia

Go Brandy, Go, Brandy, Go Brandy GO!

MarilynH

I am sooooooo very happy for Brandy and you paved the way with your precious 175 smoke free days and counting WTG Terrie and WTG Brandy. 

Marilyn 

NewMe

That is so wonderful! And I'm sure your quit was hugely responsible for Brandy to decide he could quit too. Congratulations. Enjoy your time together. Looking forward to seeing Brandy on site soon!

Mark-01.01.2016

hello Terri, this is cool. Another one joins the exers

JACKIE1-25-15

that is great news.  My Sunshine does i again.  You are such a bright light he could not help but pick up your beam.  Congrats.  I got coloring books also.  One of them is called the Calm Book.  My daughter gave it to me.  Happy New Year.  

sparky26
Yea , that's great news!
About the Author
Hello, I am a 59 year old female, name Terrie, still growing up. I have moderate COPD. I am an oxygen patient, currently not in need of the 24/7 or night time oxygen. Thanks to all the great support and education I got here on EX. My original quit date was 07/06/15 on day 519 I relapsed and started over in less than 24 hours. I want to go to the great beyond being a former smoker and I shall! COPD is not choosy! and not pretty! May 1rst, 2017 I am using Dale's suggestion to put off a cigarette each time and I am down from 50 to 20. I am looking forward to my old(7-6-2015)/new quit date 7-6-2017 May 4th, 2017 I started with Marlboro reds. Nicotine is a very assinine addiction. Once addicted I found I would smoke any of it including the little cigar/cigarettes, and it's still true since I threw away my quit and stopped being true to myself. I will smoke ANYTHING with nicotine in it to get the fix. I hate smoking! I am not having a problem stopping it's staying stopped, that I am not doing! I do not buy anything but regular tobacco but if caught without it I will do anything except vape to get the fix. UPDATE POSTED 04/24/2018: Getting ready to set a quit date and begin again :)