cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Grateful for 332 Days of Freedom

JACKIE1-25-15
0 11 27

Good morning all.  It has been a while since my last blog. Going to make this as quick as possible.   I have been busy the last few days. I see there are a lot of post from my friends and newbies.  Got to catch up if I can.   I just want to say how thankful I am that I don't smoke anymore.  It is almost a year since I quit.  My birhtday present to myself.

This morning while drinking coffee on the patio, I remembered, but "I don't do that anymore'".  That was a very comforting moment, very hard to put into words. Then I thought how thankful I am not to have to smoke after a meal.  I no longer have to rush to get that nicotine fix.  I no longer have to stop while traveling to get that smoke. No longer have to spray to rid the odor.  I no longer have to find a place to smoke. Yeah!!!!.  I no longer (my son old me this one) cough everytime I laugh.  Hallelujah! The highest Praise!   My sinuses have greatly improved beyond measure.   I am jumping up and down right now.  I can walk a brisk 2- 3 miles and not get out of breathe.  I enjoy singing in the choir, I must say my voice is much better.  I can sing a joyful noise to the Lord and not be guilt ridden.

I want to tell anyone who is thinking about quitting this is "DOABLE" So DO IT!!!!!!!.  It does take work but it is worth it.  Sometimes the journey is not easy but Don't give up don't give in. NO MATTER WHAT  Smoking is not an option. SINAO  Not one puff ever NOPE.  With Ex support you can get through it.  Love yourself and get started on your forever quit journey NOW.   It would be a wonderful Christmas present that keeps on giving. 

Merry Christmas to all. Not Only be Blessed But Be A Blessing.  

Thanks to all for your support. 

11 Comments
TerrieQuit

"It would be a wonderful Christmas present thats keeps on giving." Hello, Jackie! Great blog, already this morning! Quitting smoking is uncomfortable but very doable! You did it and I did it! Merry Christmas!

Congratulations on 332  DOF!, you are almost a 6%er!

Terrie  170 DOF

MarilynH

I am very happy to see you Jackie, I have missed you. You are mighty close to the 6 % club yay, yay and yay again WTG my fellow Exer and a very Merry Christmas to you and yours. 

Marilyn 

tjanddj

So glad to hear your joyful noise! 

elvan

Congratulations on 332 days, Jackie.  You have really been such a great addition to the family!

Marry Christmas!

Christine13

Wow, 332 days!  Thanks so much for your positive post.  SINAO.

cpsono

Hi Jackie.  A wonderful blog, as usual.  Thanks for the reminders and Happy Holidays!!!!

NewMe

You have given us a blessing with this blog. Very inspirational. Keep up the good work, and we'll be looking forward to congratulating you on your entry to the 6% so very soon!

bonniebee

It is so nice to be reminded of all the positive things that happen or don'thappen because we quit the nasty cigrette habit and addiction ! You are doing Great Jackie !

Merry Christmas to my quit Buddy ! We are getting closer to that 6 % club each passing day !

cajunkris

So happy for you Jackie! 

Your story is inspiring to me. I long to experience those happy moments you explained.  

bonnie-12-28-14

It is simply Beautiful to not be chained to the addiction.  You are an inspiration as always.

Merry Christmas!!

amanda_100

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! You are an inspiration! I hope that you share a wonderful Christmas laughing, singing, and walking, all the while not coughing or getting out of breath!

About the Author
Lay aside every weight that may be slowing you down. Make up your mind not to allow doubt cause you to stumble. You can do this! Do not allow fear , False Expectations Appearing Real to hold you down. You can do this! Break the chains of addiction, forgive yourself for ever smoking. move forward and start loving yourself more each day by staying smokefree. Put aside worry, anxiety, depression, any EXcuse that you would use to not get in or stay in the race of freedom. Take one day at a time, one step if necessary. Run the race diligently, steady and sure with endurance. Believe that you can. Keep your eye on the prize. Hang tough, stay close, be mindful, never give in, never give up.