Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Got a discount on Monthly Ins. Premiums

sawbuckjohn
0 9 4

Hello Everyone,

Got a discount on Monthly Ins. Premiums, because I QUIT SMIKING!! $100 a month less! I thought that was pretty good. I have 128 days. The amount of money I've saved depends onhow I calculate it, but it's piling up and it is what I condider substantial

I am learning that my lungs are gonna make alot of stuff to cough up, whether I want  them to or not and that I have to do certain things everyday. I get depressed when a coughing spell hits me 15 minutes after I get in bed.

The weather has finally changed enough to let me outside to work. I've been really busy with yard work and the heavy breathing  does help, though I thought I'd pass out yesterday when a Bronchospasm attacked. 

All in all I'm pleased with my progress and kinda proud of it. I still don't think I could do it without all of you, and your support, and wisdom. I THANK YOU ALL!

9 Comments
elvan

$100 a month is a great savings..I understand that it is at the discretion of the insurance companies to increase the premiums based upon smoking or not smoking, have to say that is a pretty good incentive along with the savings from not buying the cigarettes.  I am trying to set aside the money I would have spent on cigarettes to have for my Christmas presents in December  I know that probably sounds crazy but I am always so stressed out at Christmas that I thought that would be a wonderful present for ME!

Congratulations on 128 days, John.

linda258

WOW... great savings on insurance ... and not smoking.   You should be feeling rich about now. 

freeneasy

Keep stacking the days John one day at a time. It's great that you are saving money but it's even better that you are earning your freedom.

GreenThumb3

Your doing awesome ,your lucky your not here California it is on fire air quality is horrible I know Dale is close to the real big mess my sinuses are off the chart  I'm so glad your still going so many people that quit around when I did are gone congrats on 128 getting out of NML 

sawbuckjohn

Yeah GT, when  do Iget out of no-mans-land? I'm glad you're still here too, my friend! Hope the fires die down soon. Seems to me all the weather patterns are messed up.

Y'know.., It's nice of course to save some money.., but the real benefits are more rewarding. And the extra money saved just gets spent on Dr.s' and Meds anyway.. But I don't worry about taking them damn things everywhere or getting to the store before they close, a miriad of other tired dependant chains. I'm on my way to freedom from that whole mess!

I kinda wanted to put this info out, because I wasn't sure if everyone was aware. We're Blue Cross/Shield, and I think my wife actively asked about the discount. I don't think they'll tell you openly. Some of you might want to check w/your Ins. Co.'s.

Yes, Linda I do feel rich.

Saving for Christmas..., not a bad Idea. It stresses me out too.

cheryl_1-1-14

You should be more than kinda proud!!  Be VERY proud!!!  128 days is fantastic. I just hit $1,000 saved but it's already spent.  New motocycle is a money pit but I love it.  

I think NML officially ends after 130 days.  I'm on day 138 (Yes. Still counting) so I can promise you life goes on after NML.

sawbuckjohn

GOOD! Then I am out of NML today! What did I win?

My wife bought me a $1000 quad a couple months ago, kind of as a reward.

NEW BIKE?? spending to fix, or to play? Whatever, I think it's great. We would be blowing it on killing ourselves. 

The money is of course, a small incentive. Health reasons should dominate, but still, it's kinda neat!

Day 138!! Congrats!! I'm sure I'll be counting for quite awhile. I told Elvaqn tonight, it's been a very long time since I've wanted a cig. I'm glad too.

moody_9-18-13

Hi John, I knew you would quit successfully. Something just told me, yep we have a winner here! Yesterday, 5/18 was my 8 month anniversary. I only knew I didn't want to die a smoker when I started my quit journey. Here we are, you leaving NML!! Yippee! 

sawbuckjohn

Well, Well Moody, Way to go!! Congratulations!! Fantastic!! 8 freaking Months..., who'da thunk it?

I'm kinda jealous, but I know it's not a competition. 🙂

Thank you for the compliment, seems a long time since I was considered a winner.  I'd say YOU are the BIG winner here! (we both are, I know...)

I'm glad you're still around, helpful, as always.