cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Got Tired Of Waiting!!! So I Quit!

lori.g
0 11 18

Okay im new at this so please be patient... It probably wasn't a good idea but...as I stared at the pathches on my dresser waiting for my quit date to roll around, it occured to me WHY WAIT? So 2 days ago I QUIT! 9/30/14 was not coming fast enough so 9/9/14 it is! I.m pretty sure this impulse move was not a great idea...but I felt ready and thank God it.s going smooth. Should I have waited?

11 Comments
Ms.J_11-10-2013

You did the best possible thing ever!!!!!  No you should not have waited.  You are already 2 days in and in another day the nicotine will be out of your system.  You really do need to educate yourself as to what this addiction is and how to beat it.  You will get a lot of reading material sent your way and it is a must read.  Just think by the 30th you will have 21 days under your belt.  You will have beaten hell and heck week.  Go you and I wish you the best!!!!!!!!!

Jackie

JonesCarpeDiem

it was a positive move. you have your patches.

you might want to read my page for an overview of quitting.

Storm.3.1.14

If you truly feel, deep in you, that you read all the material, that you understand it, that you studied the facts of addiction, that you practiced good quit strategies, and that you have gathered all your supplies, then Nine-Nine sounds like a good quit date to me.

Junior7

You were ready--so that sounds great to me!!!  Congrats on two days! 

YoungAtHeart

Welcome to our community!

It is YOUR quit and you were ready - so go to it - and congratulations on two days!

The most important thing you can do right now is to educate yourself on what nicotine does to your body and mind. To that end, I highly recommend Allen Carr's “The Easy Way to Stop Smoking.” This is an easy and entertaining read. Here is a link to a free PDF version of it:

http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf

As well, read the sections on this site, and read the blogs, responses and pages of folks you think might be helpful. You might visit whyquit.com and quitsmokingonline.com for the good information contained there. The idea is to distract yourself through any craves.  You can take slow, deep breaths, go for a walk, play a computer game, do a crossword, bite into a lemon (yup, rind and all).   Here is a link to a list of 100 things to do instead of smoke if you need fresh ideas:

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/Youngatheart.7.4.12-blog/2013/02/25/100-things-to-do-instea...

The conversation in your head CANNOT be:  "I want a cigarette.  No!  But - I WANT a cigarette!”

Instead, it needs to be "I want a cigarette.  Well, since I have decided not to do that anymore, what shall I do instead for the three minutes this crave will last?"  Then DO it!

Stay close to us here; ask questions as you have them and for support when you need it. We will be with you every step of the way.

Nancy

Jenn_06-03-14
Congrats on your decision to quit! We are all here for you! Coming to this site every day has helped me! Hang in there!
Sammy.J

Congratulations on your quit! we are cheering for you

Deena-A-Yenni

Congratulations on your quit.  You are on the greatest journey of your life.  Stay close to this site and blog your feelings out daily if need be instead of smoking.

Sootie

There is never a bad day to quit smoking and never a reason to continue....YAY YOU!!! You started your journey a little early...so what? Just remember to read and educate yourself about quitting. don't fool yourself....there will be some days that are rough. but they will not be impossible! How do I know? We all did it and we are NO different from you.

Stay Strong.

Thomas3.20.2010

TODAY is a Great Day to Live Smoke FREE!

Congratulations!

lori.g

Thank u everyone...its 14 days and counting! ive been away from the site for a minute...and u r all right its not a good thing! Ihad some major trigger causing stressers this week but did not smoke! I will definately need to blog about them later. thank u for all the support!