Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Goodbye old "friend"

dlathalewis495
6 5 155

Dear Mr. Vape,

It is with a nervous, heavy heart that I must inform you that I am putting you down. I realize that you were there for me through a lot of things, as my crutch to handle the situations.  However, you were also there for me through times I didn't need you to be.  I should have done this the last time I was in the hospital because I couldn't breathe, but yet you were there in the hospital with me, feeding me the "drug" my brain believes it needs.  I should have left you then. 

You for the last 2 years have been more of a burden than a help.  Constantly needing new pods to keep you alive. Constant charging.  You have caused feeling of anxiety, and caused overwhelming panic due to the way I'd lose my breath.  I deserve to breath!  I deserve to feel better.  I can't do that with you.  You are a constant burden.  

Oh, and I know there will be moments, I'll try to run back to the comforts of your vapors. I know there will be moments, of weakness, but you have to go.  I have to get better.  I'm to young to feel this old.  I want to live not just to be alive, but to be able to go do things, to enjoy my life.  I want to hike, fish, walk and so much more. I can't do that stuff with you.  I want to clean without having to stop after 10 minutes, I deserve my freedom.  

The money I spend on you alone could afford me new adventures.  A new wardrobe ( to help forget the memories of you), a new me!  I want a life full of adventure and fun, and I want the breath to do it with.  I am worth so much more than you allow me to feel.  

No more will you limit my ability to enjoy going out with those I love.  No more will I make you a priority in my life.  No more excuses.  

Happy to see your departure,

Dee

5 Comments