Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Good things never last...

blueinchains
0 35 588

We were so happy.  Now this. 

I am at a point now that I don't even care about being smoke free anymore.  My husband just dropped a bomb on me and now I want to smoke every cigarette on earth! 

I'm basically worthless so what's the point anyway....

35 Comments
Michwoman

Ok so you came here to tell us this because you need some support. You got it!!!  Please talk to us! No matter what it is smoking will NOT help! You have been a support beam for me and I want to help you so much! TALK  to us please!

YoungAtHeart

Stop it!  Stop it!  Stop it!  You KNOW you are not worthless;  I KNOW you are not worthless!

YOU control this part of your life and you must choose to remain an ex-smoker.  Life is going to heppen whether you smoke or not -  and you have earned this quit with your blood, sweat AND tears.  Smoking is not going to change anything!

I am SO sorry you are going through this.  You know we are all there with you in spirit.  Hang in there....................WE care!..

Nancy

Quit 7/4/12

Michwoman

Blue - Nancy is right! Do not refund the payment you have made in this investment! Please let us help!

jeannie2
Try to stay strong. Smoking won't cure or help whatever is wrong. All of us have been through things and chose to stay smoke free. You can do this!
Bonnie11.3.2009

We are what we language. What you believe is true, is true. 

You have everything you need to be happy, healthy and whole.  You are going thru a rough patch but you're learning how to take really, really good care of yourself.  We're here to help you!  Stay close to the site and let the help happen.

nikki77

You are not worthless!!!! please dont smoke. talk to us, message me privately if you want. I want to help. You earned this, dont do it!!!

joyeuxencore

We are here for you blue...You don't smoke anymore so what can you DO for comfort instead? We have NEW coping skills that don't involve killing ourselves...One minute at a time you CAN get through this...Take a walk, call a friend, light a candle, say a prayer...xo

JonesCarpeDiem

please read what Bonnie said.

Stop speaking negatively of yourself.

your situation may be negative but you can stand up with your quit.

your quit will save you over and over if you believe it.

joyeuxencore

You are two days away from 100 days!!! This is your moment of truth and you came HERE because you know the love and support can sustain you...We are all reaching for you so grab hold of the life raft! xo

barbara42

Nothing, Nothing, is worth taking your no-smoking from you. i have been quit fot 5 years this June, my husband and i have gotten a divorce, at this age, it is not some thing i would ever have believed, i so hated it, but it never acured to me to start smoking, the thought passed my mind, but that is all, it passed and i am so glad that i do not smoke, heck now more than ever i could not afford it. but do not ever think you are worthless, i do not know what happened, but what ever, it is does not make you less. hang in there, it will get better

Nyima_1.6.13

Smoking won't fix it! Obviously something has happened to make you feel really bad about yourself, do not make it worse by giving up on yourself! You are what you choose to be! No matter what anyone else says or does you ultimately only answer to you! Be the person you believe you can be! We are here for you, like you have been here for many! Nothing worthless in that!

trish75

The only person in your life who can make you feel worthless is you. You can only depend on yourself to find real happiness . You are worth so much more than a cigarette. Think of all the people who love and care about you including all of us!

blueinchains

I am grateful for everyone's comments.  I just have some things to work through is all.  Ugh this has got to be some kind of test.

The "bomb" my husband dropped on me: that he's in love with my sister, not me.  That I was just a way for him to get close to her.  AND, that I'm not really the type that people "love", just someone people want to have...relations...with.  Thirteen years of marriage and three kids later and he tells me this.

I can't even count how many times I've cried over this.  Hence the worthlessness.  His words, not mine.  I didn't think I was worthless until my husband told me that I was basically a warm body to lay with.

Sorry, I know this is super personal but I have noone else to tell, and I love you guys!  Boy could I use a "you're not worthless" hug right now...

joyeuxencore

Wow...I'm speechless. You are SO not worthless. xo

joyeuxencore

JonesCarpeDiem

big hug to you.

you are not worthless.

sounds more like he is.

joyeuxencore

Group hug!

pir8fan

Here is your hug!  {{{{{{{{{{YOUARENOTWORTHLESS}}}}}}}}}}!

Really you are not! I know about these things! Ask anybody!      Tommy

joyeuxencore

OK...I think it would be wise to locate a therapist. If you can afford one get a recommendation from a friend or contact social services in your city and often there are free services available. When my husband left me quite unexpectedly after 10 years I found a free therapist...having a professional who is objective and not emotionally involved is imperative. You need help moving forward through and beyond this. I am SO sorry you are going through this...smoking would make it all worse I absolutely PROMISE...Protect your quit as it is the one HUGE piece of self-esteem you can hold on to right now...xo

Private message me what city you live in and maybe I can help find one! xo

imadeer

tell him Ima poop in his bouche. if he doesn't get it , tell him to open his mouth

YoungAtHeart

Here is your not worthless hug (((((((((((((((((((((((((((BlueinChains)))))))))))

Do not let that piece of sh*t make YOU feel bad......he is SO not worth your angst!

Nancy

Quit 7/4/12

pir8fan

When people call us names or say bad things about us, they give us an opportunity to prove them wrong! Or to prove them right! We are here to help you prove the former! So just forget the latter!

If the man lied to you for 13 years, why would you believe what he says now?

Brian100

Hey my buddy - we are the same quit day - please hang in and let's celebrate 100 together.  You are so worth it.

barbara42

YOU are not the one in the wrong, sounds to me like he is the worthless one, you are above him, do not smoke over this, he is not worth your loosing any thing, i can only imagine how hard this is to take, but just know that

barbara42

HE is the one that is WORTHLESS. THIS SITE IS MESSING UP, IT PUBLISHED BEFOR I HAD FINISHED

Nyima_1.6.13

Joy is right. It's time for you to find a therapist. This is a pretty complex situation and there are three children involved! While I might think he's a total ass, he's the the father of those kids and they probably love him as much as you did before the bomb dropped! 

Do not let him make you feel like this is your issue! Get professional help tomorrow and protect that quit girlfriend! ((( hugs ))) and love comin' in the direction of you and your kids! I'm afraid to even ask where your sister stands on this mess!?!

nanawendy

He is the worthless one !! Sounds more like pond scum to me. Smoking will not change things. You can do this. HUGS coming your way !!

Giulia

A whole bunch of people who know you not at all are sending their love and support to you.  We don't have to know you to do that.  Spirits containing love know each other.  And there is nothing in a loving spirit that contains the word "useless."  Do not repent your quit.  You and it are both beautiful. 

Giulia

And one other thing - if you wanna feel really worthless - go smoke a cigarette.  Guaranteed it won't heal you but WILL make you feel even worse than you do now.

blueinchains

Thanks everyone.  I will protect my quit.  THAT he can't take away from me.  And my sister has no idea.  He hasn't told her.  He just told ME!  And if I know my sister she would just tell him to come back to me.  She's a God fearing woman and I love her very much.  He doesn't seem to get our bond.  His loss.

But anyway, sorry guys, this is supposed to be about smoking, or not smoking, and thanks to you guys for caring so much and the love and hugs, I'm deciding to not light up.  I knew coming here was a good thing.  huggs

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart

cyn9

Sounds to me, HE is the one with the problem. You did get 3 beautiful kids from the relationship, didn't you? Count your blessings and find someone you deserve and who  deserves you. Your to good to waste any more time on this low life. Don't give him the pleasure of seeing you smoke again. Show him your strong and don't need him or cigerettes!

freedom-38

You are NOT worthless. Smoking is worthless!!

Please stay strong. And stay here!!

Brenda_M

Wow. What a dick. And a drama queen. "I never loved you! I'm in love with...your sister!" Yeah, I've seen that telenovela. And "Like Water for Chocolate" was a terrible movie.

I bet he doesn't mean it. Look at this Carolyn Hax column from last week: http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/how-do-you-know-if-the-significant-other-really-loves-...

Comments are really good, too.

Stick by us. We care, and you are not worthless or good for only "one thing." You are the mother of his children, a strong, gutsy woman, and just a plain ol' good person. He shouldn't be trying to shoulder you with his guilt. Hmph!

We are here for you, Blue.

nikki77

what a piece of shit,god i am so sorry:) If you wanna talk im here, i been through a divorce, dying parent,but i am soo thankful i didnot smoke. dont let that sick bastard take that from you!! love you girl

YoungAtHeart

Stopping by to see how you are today?  Do stay in touch; we know you need all the support you can get right now, and we are ready and willing to provide if to you.

You are in my thoughts today.

Nancy

Quit 7/4/12