cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Good morning!

dani-james
0 6 19

So excited to start day 2! Keeping the day full of things to do. How long does the anger last? I have been so grumpy! I look forward to running again! Most importantly I look forward to freedom. I no longer want anything to be in control of me! Goodbye cigarettes! 

6 Comments
pir8fan

The anger will last as long as you want it too! At some point you will think of a cigarette and peacfully accept the fact that "We Don't Do That Anymore"! And, you will smile and be happy that you don't have to do that anymore!

Quitting is not always easy, but it is very simple! Just don't smoke! No matter what, smoking is no longer an option! You can take back control of your life, and your time! You can escape the bondage of addiction! You do not have to be a slave to nicotine!

Just take my hand, and each day we will climb a little farther up the mountain of FREEDOM!                   Tommy

YoungAtHeart

Perhaps you can try changing your thinking about smoking?  You are NOT giving anything up.  Cigarettes did NOTHING for you.  The stress relief was only the elimination of the need to smoke, created by the last cigarette you smoked!  You are FREE now of that - and of having to go out in all kinds of weather, saving money, regaining your sense of taste and smell.  It's something to CELEBRATE!

I hope you are working on the Allen Carr book linked for your previously; it explains SO much about this addiction, most of which you probably don't know. 

The most uncomfortable part of the process lasts 2-3 weeks.....but adjusting to the habit part and your body adjusting to life without nicotine takes a bit longer.  It varies with each person.  

You mentioned running - is there a reason you aren't doing that?  It would help with the dopamine you are missing AND with the stress.  Even just a bit of jogging or brisk walking would help.

Nancy

dani-james

Thank you all for dropping a few lines of encouragement and wisdom. I will be jogging or taking a brisk walk this evening. Thanks Nancy for reminding me that cigarettes did absolutly nothing for me. Tommy, I like that 'We dont do that anymore". I am defiantly having a mindset change. 

Thanks again,

-Dani

Rick_M

Congrats to u Day 2 no smoke......Keep celebrating...start running and enjoy the freedom. It just gets better..........  

TerrieQuit

Dani Hi! Congratulations on day 2! You can do this!

Terrie  47  DOF