cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Good Morning

MarilynH
0 9 12

A paid holiday for most people today and it's going to be a beautiful sunny day my husband just helped me stir up a batch of bread and he even greased the pans for me. He's definitely a keeper anyway 92 days I'm edging closer to the TDC , I am feeling good I haven't had a crave in quite a while but I must be smart and not get too cocky with this quit because I'm in the middle of NML  and from what I've read today I might get horrific cravings from nowhere we must always be ready to smash, hit, kick whatever it takes to bury those craves. I know I'll always have to be very careful and be on guard for unexpected urges . I've worked way to hard to screw up now, I absolutely love not smoking especially first thing in the morning I'm not hacking and coughing and feeling like I'm going to cough up my lungs any second. I really hope everyone is having a great smoke free day. This being Thanksgiving Monday here in Canada I want each and every person on this EX SITE to know how much I appreciate each and everyone of you THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart, please have a great day. 

9 Comments
promise_judy

If you do get a craving just stay focused on your goal--NOPE!!! Congrats on 92 days of freedom.

Keep on adding those days.

XOXO

Deena-A-Yenni

Nice to hear from you and thanks for sharing.  You are moving right along.  You are right behind me in our quits.  Hope you don't catch me!  Tee hee!!

annb
You've got this Lady. You are committed. I know It is a tricky time. I bombed out before at 117 days! C-r-a-p. But my mind was not in the right place then. Sounds like yours is and has been. Just deciding Smoking is NOT an option and no matter what, we do something else. Blessings to you!!!
YoungAtHeart

I remember my worst day (other than the first) was 107.  I started to feel as though the journey was never going to end and I was just tired of fighting it.  Luckily I had by Ex family to keep me in the right frame of mind.  Remember to DISTRACT if you can one of those craves.  I was complacent and had forgotten about that!  If you are prepared, you will be fine!

Have a lovely day.  There seem to be so few good marriages - treasure yours!

Nancy

LouiseR

Keep coming here and read the blogs and blog.  You are doing great!!

elvan

There you go with the bread again....wow, that would have been soooo good with the chili I made last night, hahaha. 

So happy for you and you are so right, you have to be vigilant, craves can come out of nowhere and just about bring you to your knees..,remember, there is nothing wrong with being on your knees if you don't smoke, 🙂

nanawendy

Congratulations on 92 smoke free days. Keep stacking those days one at a time and don't let your guard down. Ole nic can be tricky, so you may have to kick him to the curb again You got this. In the words of a very wise woman  Day Won, not Day One !

keep calm and carry on

Wendy

12/31/12

hellbilly_va2

Happy Thanksgiving , savor your first smoke free holiday meal.

Strudel

Thank YOU for sharing your positive spirit here! Congrats on 92 days! I hope you had a great day! Yum yum to the bread! 

About the Author
I'm a proud Gram of 2 grandsons and a granddaughter and I consider myself a jack of all trades and a master of none, plus I enjoy reading and being outside and since quitting smoking breathing is so much easier because I'm not coughing half of my time sucking on a cancer stick....