cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Good Evening All!

Icandoit2021
6 17 192

I seem to have a hard time maneuvering this site. So I just pick a story and read. Seems every story is a bit old but still helpful. I can't seem to figure out how many people currently use this site. Sorry I'm just a numbers person. 

Ok so today is Day 18 for me. At the advice of people here I am trying to stay busy. It is exhausting to stay busy all day when you don't work and your kids are grown. I laugh because I so wish I had quit when that was the case. However, that was probably my reason for smoking at the time. Anywho, so now every day I'm getting 10k steps on my fitbit and 45 minutes of exercise just to kill time. I'm learning that perhaps my addiction isn't as strong as I thought but a 40 year avenue to avoid my boredom. And a long time friend when I had stress. I would just like to know when I can relax and stop working so hard to avoid the thoughts. I'm also trying to stay busy because I don't think I've ever been this hungry in my life. I am denying my food craving because I am on MFP and log my foods. So I know I am getting the food I need. At times I think something needs to give but I know it won't be the smoking. I joke that smoking was an appetite suppressant and perhaps I'm making up for food I denied myself. For now, my house is incredibly clean, my yard is amazing, it's October and I'm working on Christmas gifts. ugh! So I'm thinking by New Years I'm either going to be incredibly healthy, buff and smoke free or dead. Stay tuned. Thanks for all your postings! 

17 Comments
About the Author
Hi I'm Stephanie I am 56 and have smoked since the age of 15. I am married 30 years to a non-smoker and none of my grown 3 kids smoke. I am ready to stop hurting myself by smoking. I think this is the hardest thing I've ever done (which is sad to me)