cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Going for it again

ldukes26
0 6 76

Day 2 and I am sticking to my guns, using the patch.  Still get urges after I eat and after coffee in the mornings otherwise during the day as long as I keep busy I am ok.

6 Comments
YoungAtHeart

Have you tried drinking your coffee with you OTHER hand - and in a different room than usual?  Maybe get up after meals and clear the table, or go for a walk?

Have you done the reading reocmmended on the site?  Let me know if you need links to that information again.

Congratulations on our decision to quit!

Nancy

joyeuxencore

Congratulations on your decision to save your own life friend! xo

Craving Kickers

Did you know most cravings only last 3 to 5 minutes?

20 Craving Kickers

1. Take a deep breath and ask yourself, “What do I really want right now?” Keep asking yourself the question til you figure out what you really need right now (probably not really a smoke).

2. Drink a glass of water.

3. Call a friend.

4. Write down 3 things you are grateful for in your life.

5. Do 25 jumping jacks.

6. Take a 3-5 minute walk.

7. Go brush your teeth.

8. Paint your nails.

9. Get a jar of bubbles and go blow bubbles

10. Play your favorite music and dance for a bit.

11. Write down 3 reasons you want to be smoke free.

12. Chomp on some raw veggies or fruit. The crunchier the better!

13. Cut a straw into the length of a cigarette and chew on it. Or use a cinnamon stick.

14. Get out some paper and doodle.

15. IF you are using one-Make sure you are using your nicotine replacement or medication properly

16. Take 5 minutes and write yourself a love note.

17. Do a crossword puzzle or Sudoku.

18. Imagine how you will feel tonight knowing you made it another day smoke-free!

19. Find a video on YouTube that makes you laugh. Congrats, you made it!

20. Look in the mirror and tell yourself “I love you and I will take care of you”.

jojo_2-24-11

Hi Lorenzo, Welcome back! Nancy gave you a couple great suggestions. Acknowledge those craves for what they are and move on. It's the addiction that wants to keep you in it's grip. You are stronger than that. Come here and blog, I found this to be very theraputic.

kat102

Congratulations on your quit and yes, the suggestions above are great ones. I can't stress enough the importance of doing all of the reading especially the Allen Car book, the EasyWay to Stop Smoking at http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf

If you are using the patch, the cravings should be less since you are still getting the nicotine. Most of what you are feeling is probably discomfort from not having the physical cigarette, it can really play on the mental system. But the suggestions above should help with that. Reading about nicotine addiction on whyquit.com is very interesting. That site is very thorough.

I'm so glad you are blogging. 🙂 It really helped me through the rough spots. Blog, Blog and Blog....it is a great way to connect with those who have been there and they'll help you through. You will succeed!

smorgy8513

Congrats on 2 days.   Now you will have 3.....just keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Please add something about yourself to your profile page.    When I see someone I don't know I always go there first so I can learn something about who is writing.   As much or as little as you choose.

I love this site....there are so many supportive, encouraging, inspiring people.    The way this is working for me is to come on each day and make the promise for NOPE.     Besides the blogs you can also go to Daily Pledge September and go to page 3 to get the most recent ones.     Come join us there.

Stay strong and stay close.

Sharon

ldukes26

Thanks everybody for your support, it's day four and still hanging in there.  The suggestions have been a great help, again a big THANKS to all.