cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

God's Grace

Carol5
0 4 12

So sorry that I have been gone for so long. Trying to find myself again has not been an easy one. I will tell you all that I have NOT fallen once. I am working on my 400 day smoke/nicotine free quit milestone.

I am now the most I have ever weighed, but depression is a silent killer even to those of us that have it. I literally became so sad that I slept or became "auto" and just didn't know what to do. I had problems with the site & my words became swords when I am not in anyway that person. I have had to start therapy to help me to find out who I was meant to be BEFORE I smoked!!! That is very hard to do when I was a young 15 year old. I was killing myself slowly even before I knew what death meant. 

I hope everyone is doing well in their quits. Life will happen no matter if we smoke or not, so I am doing it the healthy way by continuing not to poison my body/mind/spirit. Thank you all for your support through this journey that I started over a year ago. It is a path that is worth the travel.

Carol

4 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

We all started so young that it just took over. I don't know if we can go back but we can choose what we want for ourselves.

Congratulations on 400 days!

Barbara145

I totally understand the finding yourself thing.  I smoked from 14 until 66. It has been a journey for sure.  I love it though and Thank God also for his grace. Just keep moving forward and enjoy the good days.  We are all a work in progress!  Congratulations on 400 days! 

Carol5

I am 389 days quit as of today. I am working on reaching my 400 day milestone & I am finding it to be amazing that Dale had said "Love your quit" at the beginning of my journey. It has been amazing how 3 simple words can make all the difference ❤️

Hugs

Strudel

Carol - How wonderful to see you! Congrats on you quit and on protecting it - no matter what! This is indeed a journey which involves rediscovering our true selves.....it sounds like you are doing that. I certainly hope you feel better soon! Take care!