cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Gobble gobble

Snoopy2019
7 11 76

Day one of cold turkey...... phew getting through it so far. Cravings got worse as it gets later.   Earlier I was able to distract myself pretty easily and forgot about cigarettes and quitting and all of it at least for a little bit at a time.  Now I am thinking a lot about the cigarettes.  I really do hate them.  I really do hate smoking and I really don’t want to smoke.  But as I have been referring to many blogs and postings  to get inspiration to keep my quit, (and I did read half the ALAN Carr book) I realize that cravings are only as bad as I want them to be as many people have stated. The more I worry about them the worse they seem to get.  And the second part is that the cravings didn’t seem to be too bad today,  easier to get through than any of my other quits.   That scared me because .....if it is too easy I will fail.....Or maybe it feels good not smoking and feeling good is hard... or  here come those emotions that I have to accept that are ok to have and most importantly Accepting that I deserve happiness and not smoking makes me feel good!  

So here’s to being human and making mistakes and having feelings and feeling good today and being a non smoker!!  Today!  

11 Comments
About the Author
I have smoked for almost 40 years ! Wow just realized how long I’ve actually been smoking. I have quit sooo many times and it is time to be real.