cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Giving it another try...BECAUSE IM WORTH IT!!!!:)

kristin2013
0 10 34

Well....IM BACK!!! It's been 2 years..2 years too many but I'm glad to say I'm back:) I have 11 days til my quit date and though i have a little anxiety about it all it's not as bad as before...i guess I know what to expect now. MY NEW MOTIVATION IS MY 10 MONTH OLD DAUGHTER!  She brings a new meaning to my life and I want nothing more then to be a healthy mom who can run and play with her and be around to watch her grow up. I have come back to EX because the people here were soooo supportive, caring, loving and just what i needed during my quit! Hope to meet some new friends this go round!:) HERE'S TO BECOMING A EX!!!!!! 

Kristin

10 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

You have always been worth it.

LouiseR

Welcome back.  You can do this.  Do all the suggested reading and come here daily and read and blog.  We are all here to help each other!

kristin2013

Thank u both so VERY much! I def need all the support I can get right now. It's all truly appreciated:)

jdb21218

Judgement free zone here. You will quit again and you will be glad you did.

djmurray

So glad you've come back, Kristin -- I have been on this site for the 20 days since I quit (New Year's Day) and I can honestly say that my quit has been relatively easy because of the information, advice and compassion I have found here.  I've smoked for over 50 years (!), tried to quit innumerable times lasting from two hours to three years, but I know this is my forever quit.  I waited until I had COPD to wake up -- so happy for you that you're doing it while you're young! 

A successful quit is all about your mindset.  If you feel deprived, you're white knuckling it and much more likely to relapse.  If you realize that you're giving up nothing but a so-called "friend" who is trying to kill you, then it won't be always easy, but so doable! 

I look forward to talking more to you as your quit happens and you maintain it.

pir8fan

Welcome home! I left the porch light on every night! And, your room is just as you left it! Now get comfortable and let's get this done!

chloe76

Kristin, BRAVO, to being so brave and coming back. You can totally do this and as a fellow woman who is trying to get preggers I really understand your inspiration. You are giving your daughter an amazing gift but don't guilt yourself or beat yourself up if you are struggling.

Remember : The craving WILL pass whether you smoke or you don't so you may as well not smoke.:) Also, "inhaling" cinammon sticks were a life-saver the first few days and the plus of that is you get to inhale a great, big, sweet breath of cinammon-infused oxygen. Water, water water as well. Stay close and reach out anytime!!  XOXO Chloe

hampton

Hi my new friend... I know you can do this.you have so much to live for.You can hold that baby dear to your heart now without stinking of the nasty cigs. I'm proud of ya!!! Peace,Deborah..

candylance

Hi, Friend!! I've been trying to quit since 2010. Now the time is right for YOU and me. What a precious reason to quit. She'll never know YOU as a stinky smoker, only her sweet smelling MOM. I'm calling this my last quit since I've monkied around for so long TRYING to quit. Excuses, excuses!!  I added YOU as a friend. Hope I'll see YOU often.

Candy         8    DOF

ruralgrl

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!! I agree the cinnomon sticks are a wonderful NRT hahaha