cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Getting started...again!

larrymg
0 4 5

I signed on about a year ago (?) and then kept forgetting about this. I'm a great believer in group help for quitting but I live with someone who thinks this is all ridiculous. She quit several years ago because between cigs and asthma she couldn't breathe. So she quit. I quit for 18 years at the same time as I quit a variety of other substances. I started again in 2002 when I bumped into a friend in a cafe overseas and she was chain smoking. Right now, nearly 48 hours in, I want to chain smoke too. I don't know if it's okay to say this here but I'll take a chance and let me know if it's not okay. I love smoking. I love the drug. I love the whole thing about it. Plus, I'm around nurses all the time and they almost all smoke. And..and..and.. Well I'm sure you've all heard this and said it before. Meanwhile the first few days on the patch (2 now this time) I wake up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep. We're going to Costa Rica next week and I thought it's good to quit now so I'm not dealing with all the complications of smoking while traveling. I don't feel a whole lot of commitment right now so maybe encouragement would be good. It's so crazy...I've watched people with COPD die gasping for breath. But, God help me I know how these VA patients who take a break from their oxygen to smoke feel.

4 Comments