cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Getting back on the horse

1freechikadee
0 3 7

I was an idiot, and jumped off the quit horse.  Yep, no one made me do it, I chose to puff away again.  Now I really feel like I have got to stop fooling myself and work this thing. 

When I started again, just a week ago, we were in a stressful period, which will continue but which really got to me that night.  So I bought a pack, and in that week, have gone thru two packs total.  I am fighting not to buy another.  The stress doesn't go away, but the smoking should.  I was toying with the idea of waiting until Wednesday, but what will be different then??  Not much.  So why not just make today rededication day???  I have over a month "clean," why not start working on the next months NOW??? 

I am scared about it.  I have blown it before, and I don't want to blow it again.  I do want to quit.  And I want to quit for good.  But I am thinking each day is it's own reward, and that is the way I am going to have to look at it.

For me setting a quit time anywhere beyond today, now, and here would be an excuse.  Why not today?  Why not now?  Why not here?  Can't think of a real or a good reason.  So here we go again.   Another quit.  Gonna do it.

3 Comments